Kicking the coffee with creamer habit!!!

Options

Replies

• kenyainez
    kenyainez Posts: 222 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Is there any way you can make room for it? For instance, is creamer really costing alot calorie wise? I'd just do my best to fit it in than to feel misreable not being able to drink it. I believe making massive cuts of the things we love from our daily diet makes us subconsciously resent our journey that's meant to better us; and causes us to go overboard and binge on the things we "missed" along the way once we feel we've reached our destination. I wouldn't cut it out, I'd find a way to fit it in, even if I couldn't do it everyday I wouldn't stop doing it all together. My answer may not be what you were looking for and I take my charge if it's not, I just want you and all of us to enjoy this. It doesn't have to be the "grueling" process alot of people paint it to be. #jmo
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    vanilla protein powder and almond milk.
  • grandmamere
    grandmamere Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I measure creamer (Carmel macchiato is the best ever!) 1 Tbs no sugar needed as it is sweet enough. I have 2 cups in am, 1 cup (decaf) in afternoon and 1 - 2 cup(s) decaf in the evening. I make sure it fits in my macro. I have to have it especially in the evening to prevent snacking all night.
  • barby6011
    barby6011 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Get a milk frother. It warms the milk and heats it up. My daughter got me one. Aroma is the brand. Makes skim milk into a latte.
  • bombkitty
    bombkitty Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I quit coffee about 8 mos. ago and I miss it EVERY DAY. It was starting to give me really severe stomachaches. I switched to very, very black tea with 1 t. of cream and 1 t. of sugar. I still get the caffeine but OH I miss my daily espresso. My espresso machine looks sad and forgotten...
  • Hadley_SM
    Hadley_SM Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Sweet Leaf Stevia Packets and Sweet leaf Liquid Stevia Vanilla Creme flavor plus a splash of organic almond milk. You can buy that brand of Stevia at Whole Foods or online. Some brands of Stevia are crap... just make sure you buy one of the natural/clean brands and you are good to go! Healthy clean coffee, that taste just like you have flavored cream in it!
  • GuamGrly
    GuamGrly Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    I confess...I too, was a creamer with a little bit of coffee drinker! I felt just like you...it was a waste of calories and my body doesn't seem to like it so much so I finally just kicked the habit. Getting healthy finally meant more to me than that creamer. It hasn't necessarily been easy because there is always a full pot of coffee made when I get into work each morning. And I had convinced myself for so long that I needed to have that cup of coffee to start my day but I really don't. I switched to drinking green tea to give myself a warm cup of something in the morning and there are so many great benefits to drinking green tea. I don't add anything to my tea...just straight up. So I wish you the best girly! I feel your pain and no how you feel but have no doubt that you will find a great replacement that works for you.
  • Cathalain
    Cathalain Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    I use the sugar free creamer and add in a couple of extra Splendas to make up for the missing sweetness. I know, both are bad for you, but I refuse to give up my coffee and if this is the only way I can have it, so be it.

I managed to cut it down from 100+ calories a cup to about 35. I can live with that.
  • slomo22
    slomo22 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Use almond milk as creamer. Or drink it black mmmmmm
  • canadianbugga
    canadianbugga Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Are you anti-artificial sweeteners? You can by a bottle of Starbucks sugar free syrup and that with some 1% milk is pretty tasty. It has surcralose (splenda) in it.
  • jrline
    jrline Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options
    instead of eliminating it make it work with your calorie goal.
  • csteinmetz83
    Options
    I'm also here to chime in that SoDelicious Original Coffee Creamer is amazing. It's 10cal per TBSP with only 1g of sugar (1g of carb). I also use one packet of stevia and one packet of raw sugar and a stick of cinnamon in my coffee and it's HEAVEN. Spice up your coffee or buy a flavored brand and it'll be even tastier.
  • wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    I won't give up my coffee or creamer... I will always budget for that lol

This! I love my flavored creamers and I drink them with flavored coffee. I measure out the tablespoons. I usually have one cup in the morning and I've gotten to where I'll have a cup at night as well. Usually more on the weekends.
  • adwilliams03
    adwilliams03 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I kicked coffee out of my diet the week before Christmas because I also can't drink it black and was using a TON of sugar and creamer. You can do it!
  • blcook23
    blcook23 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I can't kick the coffee either...I have tried and used tea instead and it didn't last long, though I will have tea here and there. I have decided to use half and half (2tsbp is a serving size), half a serving size of blue agave sweetener, some cinnamon, AND vanilla extract to get the vanilla flavor. I agree sugar free creamer is just nasty and would rather splurge on the good stuff. I was like you and had little coffee to the creamer. I started trying different brands of coffee to see what I could drink with less of the add-ins. I like the Starbucks house-blend but prefer the Foldgers medium roast.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    i'll never give up my full fat half&half. measure it out. 1-2 tablespoons isn't so bad.
  • perfekta
    perfekta Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    caffeine pill so you don't get a headache?
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    Slowly wean yourself off the creamer. Start measuring it when you add it, and just reduce a little every time. Or, start using plain milk and a little bit of sugar. I put about an ounce of half and half into my 20 oz coffee, no sugar, and that's a good balance for me that doesn't break the bank.

^^ This. I weaned back slowly until I started drinking it black with 1 sugar.

• coraborealis80
    coraborealis80 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I love coffee. Did 5 years as a barista, and all the frothy calorie ridden sugar bombs are fine when you're doing 9 hours shifts and running around like a maniac, but not so much on lump days. I didn't kick coffee, but had the same problem with the withdraws. Republic of Tea makes a line of High Caf teas that actually have just a wee bit more caffeine than a cup of coffee, and are quite yummy. As for black coffee, switch to a light or blonde roast-they're not as bitter as the dark roasts, and start with strong flavors. Archer Farms, the Target brand, is reasonably priced and has some nice ones. If it's still to bitter, add a tiny dash of salt to your cup. It will help. Good luck!
  • ChristyB1117
    ChristyB1117 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I used to drink 250 calories a morning in French Vanilla Creamer. Then I gradually started a change to let my taste buds adjust. First half FV creamer/half and half - then half/half with sugar - then half/half with milk. Soon i hope to cut down the half/half too. I have def. cut 100+ calories off my coffee and now I don't feel so guilty about making the room for it. It also brought my sugar consumption waaaay down. I was getting almost a full days worth of sugar from just my coffee creamer!!