Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Super-liberal 41, TX mom wants to lose at least 100 lbs. Open to all friends

Good morning and happy Friday!
Live and work in North Texas (DFW) - looking to find friends and motivators.
If you're like me, sometimes that motivation has to come from elsewhere when your own runs low! I would be glad to help motivate you as well. :smiley:
I start at the gym next Monday and am wanting to incorporate juicing into my daily routine. Not sure if I'm ready for a fast but would LOVE to do one soon.
(I aspire to do a 60 day all juice fast but I'm not sure if I have that much will power...or money!! Juicing is expensive!)
I work at a job where I am in an office (and sitting on my derriere!) for about 8 hours a day. I can definitely tell that the years at a desk have been taking their toll.
I would like to lose at least 100 lbs but right now Onederland sounds like a fabulous place to start.

Replies

• kristimason3
    kristimason3 Posts: 131 Member
    Hi! I'm always open to adding new friends. I'll send you a request.
  • fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    Forget the juicer. They throw away up to 90% of the nutrients.
    Get a Vita-Mix. Pulverizes the fruits, veggies, meat chunk, whatever. And doesn't waste any nutrients.
    In the office, can you switch to a sit/stand desk? I've been doing this for a few years now. Better for my back and legs. Now that I'm the only one in my office area I can do squats, two and one legged, at my desk while working and jamming to Kieth Urban. :)
  • AmberRamos123
    AmberRamos123 Posts: 14 Member
    I am a busy mom who goes to school full time, i to work at a desk job and don't move much. I'd love to help motivate as well as get motivation! Add me
  • TXChelleD
    TXChelleD Posts: 76 Member
    fishgutzy wrote: »
    Forget the juicer. They throw away up to 90% of the nutrients.
    Get a Vita-Mix. Pulverizes the fruits, veggies, meat chunk, whatever. And doesn't waste any nutrients.
    In the office, can you switch to a sit/stand desk? I've been doing this for a few years now. Better for my back and legs. Now that I'm the only one in my office area I can do squats, two and one legged, at my desk while working and jamming to Kieth Urban. :)

I've been looking at the Vita-mixes. I'll check them out!
    Right now, I can't do the stand/sit thing but maybe soon. :)
  • TXChelleD
    Adding you guys. Thanks!!
  • kimmi12
    kimmi12 Posts: 28 Member
    Hi TX,
    I'm looking for some support too. Feel free to add me. Btw, I had to laugh, liberal and Texas is an oxymoron right? I love it :)
  • TXChelleD
    kimmi12 wrote: »
    Btw, I had to laugh, liberal and Texas is an oxymoron right? I love it :)
    That's why I put it on there! Lol! I don't want people to assume I'm a middle-aged, bible thumping conservative. (Not that there is ANYTHING wrong with that!)
    I just happen to be the exact opposite of that
  • roady29
    roady29 Posts: 86 Member
    Haha TX, love the liberal and Texas comment! I too want to lose 80-100lbs. feel free to add me. We can help each other!
  • brandirosed
    brandirosed Posts: 22 Member
    you can add metoo
  • dcavazos
    dcavazos Posts: 17 Member
    I'm a liberal in Texas too!! We do exist! And I also need to lose 100 lbs or so. I'll add you so we can encourage each other - as I will certainly need it as well. I am trying to get my diet goals down and then I'm going to make my fitness goals a priority. I also have a job where I sit on my bum all day - many days way more than 8 hours :/ I was thinking about buying the excercise ball but wasn't sure if they would tell me something about that lol.
  • warlesha
    warlesha Posts: 13 Member
    You can add me as well!
  • I am too looking for support, I just started Monday and am trying to fly solo but finding that very difficult - I am 45 yrs young and hitting a slump with my kids growing older, I would love to be added but to be honest, I don't even know how that works - insight would b appreciated
  • aliseasea
    aliseasea Posts: 5 Member
    I'd love to "friend" you too! ...and anyone else on this thread who would like to support each other. It is possible to lose that much weight. I got close to it a couple years ago...slid back due to a number of reasons and now I'm at it again because I know it is possible. While fasts and juicing (which does take out most of the nutrients) may get you quick number results on the scale, it isn't a lifetime thing. It is all about tracking your food everyday - even when you know what the tracker is going to say and exercising/keeping moving. Easy but hard :smile:
  • kim_m_kk
    kim_m_kk Posts: 61 Member
    I am a DFW liberal woman as well. I am 40 and have about 100 lbs to lose but would just love to get under 200 at this point then go from there. I started the gym this week and actually went three times. First time at a gym in 20 years. I have done the juice thing before - it is hard. I only lasted 5 days. I sometimes do blended green smoothies in the morning - although have not done it since Novemberish. Would love to have more friend to support each other as we move through this journey.
  • TXChelleD
    Thanks guys! I'm excited for the change but so scared of failure.
  • BabyKiwi07
    BabyKiwi07 Posts: 69 Member
    Your more than welcome to add me :)
  • mikedunntx
    mikedunntx Posts: 3 Member
    Sounds like fun. I am new so not sure how I can help but we can be fitness friends for sure...
  • mikedunntx
    mikedunntx Posts: 3 Member
    TXChelleD wrote: »
    Thanks guys! I'm excited for the change but so scared of failure.
    Just take it one day at a time
  • TXChelleD
    Thanks! I just keep reminding myself that tmit took about 10 years to get here...it won't magically fall off overnight. :)
  • 1musicgrl
    1musicgrl Posts: 135 Member
    Hi! I have about 90 lbs to lose and am willing to be friends with anyone and offer support.