Food diary advice...

Options
I opened up my food diary and am wondering if people could take a look and see if it looks like generally I'm doing a good job. I am losing weight - a bit fast actually - so I upped my calories per day by 100 cals. just to see how that goes for a bit.

There were some days when I was super over on sodium - I've learned my lesson there. I get major water-retention after. I'm also frequently over on sugar... that's partly due to the fact that I have a mount of easter chocolate I am slowly working through and cannot resist. I'm aware of those things :-)

But in general is my diet fairly healthy? I'm a sucker for carbs so I've tried to cut back a bit on those. Any other recommendations?

Replies

• Vegasboricua702
    Options
    I think your doing great. One thing I noticed tho. You should try to cut out fat as much as you can. Everybody is different. Only 15-20% of my calories come from fat. I consume around 30g a day in fat. If your eating fats make sure they are healthy fats such as fruits, fish oil, extra virgin olive oil. I use numerous fat free products such *kitten* skim milk, fat free dressing, and eating egg whites while limiting my yolks.
  • mlh612
    mlh612 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I think you are doing really well! Like you said, just watch the sodium and try to up your water intake... and it's OK to have a small piece of chocolate every day- that will keep the cravings away and help you avoid wanting the entire bag of chocolate :wink:
  • stefraab
    stefraab Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Thanks! We generally eat fairly healthy so I haven't really had to change my diet - other than drinking less beer.

I'll keep the fat thing in mind. I am thinking it's probably coming in the egg yolks and some recipes we make although we also try to use low-fat milk and extra-virgin olive oil :-) Thanks for the info!
  • louiseei
    louiseei Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    A lot of your entries are recipies and I can't see exactly what's in them, so I could be wrong, but I think you might try to incorporate more fruit and vegetables perhaps. Otherwise, well done on your loss.
  • stefraab
    Options
    A lot of your entries are recipies and I can't see exactly what's in them, so I could be wrong, but I think you might try to incorporate more fruit and vegetables perhaps. Otherwise, well done on your loss.

Aah - sorry. Yeah I find if I input all the ingredients it's quicker than putting each ingredient in every single time :s
    Generally though in our recipes we use E.V. Olive Oil... never cook with salt (other than what's in some sauces)... and try to use veggies that are PC "blue menu" - low sodium, low fat.
  • dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    I think it looks good and if you are losing weight and happy with the results, I would worry too much. You said you thought you might be losing too fast though. I don't know when in April you started, but if you continue to lose more than 2lb a week you might want to add some calories to your plan. Maybe fruit, yogurt, even some cheese sticks or something.
  • stefraab
    Options
    I think it looks good and if you are losing weight and happy with the results, I would worry too much. You said you thought you might be losing too fast though. I don't know when in April you started, but if you continue to lose more than 2lb a week you might want to add some calories to your plan. Maybe fruit, yogurt, even some cheese sticks or something.

I started March 31st I think - 11lbs in just over a month is great in theory but yeah, I was worried it was coming off a bit too fast. I added back 100 cals... I'm going to see if that slows it down (no giant loss this morning so I'm thinking it's helping a bit) and will add more if it keeps going so quickly.
    Thanks! :-)