Healthy Snacks Recommendation

Options
Remurr
Remurr Posts: 6 Member
Can anyone recommend low cal healthy snacks? I'm a serious snacker but being new to the weight loss journey I don't know many healthy snack foods.

Store bought, or quick, fast, few ingredients to prepare, but definately tasty would be appreciated. I'm trying to break my junk food addiction but have to admit I love snacks that are crunchy, salty, or sweet, anything chocolate and everything in between.

If I can find tasty, healthy snacks it'll help me to stay on the wagon. The carrot sticks and celery are not working out :).

Thanks!

Replies

• Jpamcc
    Jpamcc Posts: 2
    Options
    Apple with peanut butter, organic and yum
  • wendysl70
    wendysl70 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Freezing grapes they are like sorbet then so jazz it up a bit
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    PB2
    Beef Jerky
    Protein Bars
    Pretzels
    Wheat Thins

^^Usually my go to snacks
  • DarbiB
    DarbiB Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Oh! Here's what I use:

Saffron Road Crunchy Chickpeas! I like the Chipotle flavor (100 cals/oz), but Bombay Spice is pretty great as well.

Angie's Boom Chicka Pop Popcorn is completely addictive. (35 cals/cup)

And for my sweets, I like Whole Foods 365 Brand Dark Chocolate Covered Pretzels (130 cas/8 pretzels).

Obviously be careful with portioning, but those are my go-tos.
  • lismany
    lismany Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Try apples with a tiny bit of peanut butter on it!

Apples are great, contain a lot of water within them, and the peanut butter seems to trick my brain into it being 'candy' or at least the saltiness adds a little fun to my apple.

If you aren't opposed to chunky peanut butter the texture on an apple can taste like a delicious crunchie/salty AND STILL HEALTHY snack!

(I just discovered my love for this snack this morning, hence my excitement) hah goodluck!
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,731 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Blue Diamond has a bunch of flavored almonds... Blueberry, vanilla, wasabi soy, dark chocolate... You can divide them into 100 calorie baggies and they're all ready to eat.

Lately I've been going for the avocado. Either smashed avocado with tomato, onion and feta, or store bought guacamole, on a piece of high fiber bread with a slice of bacon. Sometimes I add an egg if it's late and I have leftover cals.

I made some whole wheat crepes to keep in the freezer, and sometimes I'll add a mix of coconut oil, unsweetened cocoa powder, honey and cinnamon. It's like chocolate frosting. Altogether, less than 250 calories.

I also keep turkey l'il smokies sausages. A serving is 5 sausages at 80 calories. I cut them in half longways and fry them until the edges are crispy, and they taste slightly greasy and salty and decadent, and they look like a fair amount of food.
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    Pickles - crunchy, salty and low cal (try other pickled veggies too)

Rice cakes topped with all fruit jam

Kiddlylicious brand chips (carrots, apples, sweet potatoes) - great for a quick crunchy snack. Travels well

Freeze dries fruits

Frozen grapes and blueberries

A roll of deli lunch meat

Hard boiled egg whites smothered in hot sauce

• Remurr
    Remurr Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    These are all great ideas...thanks everyone!
  • DarbiB
    DarbiB Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    mkakids wrote: »
    Pickles - crunchy, salty and low cal (try other pickled veggies too)

Rice cakes topped with all fruit jam

Kiddlylicious brand chips (carrots, apples, sweet potatoes) - great for a quick crunchy snack. Travels well

Freeze dries fruits

Frozen grapes and blueberries

A roll of deli lunch meat

Hard boiled egg whites smothered in hot sauce

I literally salivated at the idea of hard boiled egg whites smothered in hot sauce. That sounds divine.

Welp, now I know what I'm eating for a post-workout snack tomorrow. Thanks!
  • Jennifer_Lynn_1982
    Jennifer_Lynn_1982 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    some great ideas here, thank you!