Any drinkers on here?

Options
12346»

Replies

• karenmfry
    Options
    mossiejoe wrote: »
    Muffin Top made by Blue Moon, UGH! My beloved beer probably responsible for 3/4 of the 50 I need to lose. All week no beer... tough. Today is my "Friday" see how I do. Limit libations down to once a week instead of a couple.

OMG! Same here!! Love blue moon and beer in general! I also contribute my weight gain to beer!! Haven't had a beer all week and feel less bloated!! I am going to try vodka and water with a dash or two of roses lime this weekend since someone told me its better for dieting! I also have 50 lbs to loose!! Grrr... Good luck!
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    oh yes this is me, i don't stop the fun, i amplify it, now that i'm healthier.

also, get drunk a lot faster somehow -_-
  • bigandstripy
    bigandstripy Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Love my booze, it's probably the main reason I'm so fat. I was a big wine drinker but it's started to disagree with me. I mainly drink jack Daniels and coke, prosecco or cider. I like going to the pub but truthfully, do most of my drinking in the house in front of the telly. I'm trying to have a couple of booze free weeks because I'm not good at having just one or two and I know it'll crush my food diary.

Feel free to add me btw, relatively new and looking for like minded people to follow :)
  • Patrice120
    Patrice120 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I drink, but keep it to Fridays and Saturdays only. To keep on track today, I've already planned out my meals and drinks for the rest of the day (and kept a buffer for an extra piece or pizza or glass of wine). Friday night is also pizza night in our house so I try to plan ahead by eating less calories Monday through Thursday so I can go over on Fridays and Saturdays and it all evens out. My advice would be to try to avoid the sugary really high calorie drinks.
  • deegair772
    Options
    I'm also a daily red wine drinker...it's lethal & the reason I put weight on for sure! Trying to add it in to my daily calorie allowance but I'm starving!!!! I'm new to mfp so add me...anybody! Need as much help & encouragement as poss guys!! Xxx
  • Mswack78
    Mswack78 Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Oh crikey yes!! Saving it for the weekends currently but won't begrudge myself one in the week if I want one! ☺️
  • ryanhorn
    ryanhorn Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    What works better for the beer drinkers out there? Lower-calorie drinks that you can have quite a few of (Miller Lite, etc.) or higher-calorie drinks that fill you up and that you inevitably drink slower and fewer of (IPA's, etc.)?
  • jesse1952
    jesse1952 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I love my wine!
  • 4leighbee
    4leighbee Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    yep ... was under my calorie limit under dinner ended and Friday night beers began. I have decided that I run so I can drink without guilt. (no not really, but on paper, that's what it looks like)
  • 4leighbee
    4leighbee Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    ryanhorn wrote: »
    What works better for the beer drinkers out there? Lower-calorie drinks that you can have quite a few of (Miller Lite, etc.) or higher-calorie drinks that fill you up and that you inevitably drink slower and fewer of (IPA's, etc.)?

I stick with Mich Ultra unless I'm in denial (a/k/a out for the evening). On "out" evenings, I figure MFP can't see me and ten years from now I won't care, so I drink the good stuff. It works for me! :)
  • Manyclassicmoments
    Manyclassicmoments Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I love wine, beer and coctails. I'm sick and on meds right now that I can't drink on, but I'm looking forward to a cold one as soon as I'm done. I usually limit my drinks to the weekend or a glass of wine with dinner a couple nights a week. Feel free to add me.
  • emmel9
    emmel9 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I love wine at night and always log the drinks so that the calories are counted and I can also see how my consumption is tracking. I agree that if I was to cut this back, my weight loss would be so much faster. Working on it!
  • TracyShing
    TracyShing Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I get my sippy-sip on one day a week. And boy let me tell ya, those nights are always a blast! I try to be really good during the other six days; work out, eat super clean... but all work and no play makes Tracy a grumpy girl!!
    Feel free to add me (any of you reading this and relate) as I can't seem to be able to add friends at the moment.
  • DevinJean123
    DevinJean123 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I love my drinks- definitely contributed to my weight gain in college and the year after- I love coming home and having a cold beer or a glass of wine... So right before I clock in to work I add in my beer ( I usually do MGD 64- this way i can sometimes have 2 for only 128 calories) or my glass of wine on MFP and then I eat accordingly. I also have to log my post work snack too ( I work 2-11... And I just need something when I get home). But this way I can still have my favorite things and stay on track. I definitely do not track my alcohol consumption when my college friends and I go out haha, at least that's only about 2-3 times a year. And any one feel free to add me, looking for more accountability and inspiration!