low carb all the way!

Options
Who else us doing low carbs? Add me.. need some support buddies in my weight loss :)

Replies

• OneOddOne
    Options
    Lauren, I sent you an add request. Good to know I'm not the only one watching the carbs.
  • adora85
    adora85 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I am as well! I will send you a friend request
  • SergeantSausage
    SergeantSausage Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    Carbs are not evil, folks.
  • teresa4757
    teresa4757 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    they can be..for medical reasons
  • OneOddOne
    Options
    Carbs are not evil, folks.

It is a starting point Sergeant. For me, limiting carbs and sugar is a first step. At one point I dropped 140 lbs doing nothing but a low carb diet and light exercise. I got off that wagon and gained back 40 lbs in about 2 years. Nothing else has changed for me, just my diet.

For me, carbs are evil. At least for now.

• DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    I was doing carb cycling for a while, and since I try to keep my carbs low, although I've been exercising so much lately, and been tired with a baby who wakes in the night, I've not been as low carb as I'd like to be. I want to go back to lower carb really.

Carbs aren't evil, but I feel better on lower carbs.
  • JeffseekingV
    JeffseekingV Posts: 3,165 Member
    Options
    Low carb made my hamstrings cramp
  • CaveGal
    CaveGal Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I did low carb for a while and had some great results (eg saw some baby abs for the first time!) but I love carbs so I'm back eating more although they tend to be wholewheat, quinoa, etc.

Just wondering what everyone considers low carb? I tried to stay under 100grams and now I probably eat 120-150g a day on average, but I'm curious what low carb means for others :-)
  • LeahMaria26
    LeahMaria26 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I aim for between below 30 net carbs a day, and set my macros at 5% C, 65% F, 30% P.

I had success last year on low carb but went off the rails in November and December due to wedding, honeymoon, festive season etc. So from starting again on the 5th i'm down 2.7kg (6 pounds).

I have an open diary and log everything so feel free to add me, i also post my food and progress pics on Instagram @lowcarb_leah :smile:
  • caileelouise
    caileelouise Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 5 of a pretty strict low carb diet and I was feeling great until today when I crashed a bit and got headachey. Grabbed some veggies and hummus and now I'm back! I normally am all about balance but I have a big burlesque performance soon and would like to shed the holiday weight (and maybe some) before then!

Keep going, you can do it!
  • SuggaD
    SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Do low carbers play sports? Serious question. I run and cycle. No way I could do low carb. Just not possible.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    SuggaD wrote: »
    Do low carbers play sports? Serious question. I run and cycle. No way I could do low carb. Just not possible.

When I was doing low carb (I was doing 50-70g a day, not stupidly low) I was running round after 3 young kids, not getting much sleep (baby!), and working out 5 times a week doing spinning, aerobics, step, PT sessions etc.
  • misscrankyfatpants
    Options
    I don't think all carbs are evil but definitely think certain kinds are! I am a low carb person who tries to get most if not all of my carbs from vegetables. Low carb for me is an easy to follow way of eating.
  • OneOddOne
    Options
    My goal is 50 grams or less a day until I reach my goal weight, then I will go to 50-100 grams a day. No flour, potatoes, rice, beans, corn and that sort of thing. All of my carbs are from nuts, veggies and the like.
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    The body of research points toward decreased performance.
  • misscrankyfatpants
    Options

I did yes, I used to run, do Zumba, and lift weights all on low carb. I fell off the exercise wagon but I still run and eat low carb.
  • SuggaD
    SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    eric_sg61 wrote: »
    The body of research points toward decreased performance.

This is very true for me. My best races/events are the ones after I've carb loaded and stuck to my eating plan (ate my carbs on schedule) during the race/event.