Fitness Blender 8 Week Fat Loss Friends

Options
I'm just completing week one of the 8 week fat loss program from Fitness Blender. I just wanted to see if anyone else was doing it now too so we could share progress, motivate each other, and discuss the workouts. Week one was really tough for me as it's been a while since I worked out and I'm not sure if I should re-do week one before moving into a tougher week or if I should just keep pushing myself. Thanks!

Replies

• mntwindan
    mntwindan Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Just reading this. ...where can I find the details on the 8 week Fitness Blender?
  • tstoner06
    tstoner06 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I bought the program from the fitness blender website. It was $9.99. All of their workouts are free and available on youtube but I need something with a little more structure so I bought the program which details out the specific workouts to do on each day. So far I love it! Every workout has been different so it keeps me engaged and I don't get bored doing the same thing over again. It's a great combination of cardio, toning/strength training, and flexibility. I lost 2.5 pounds the first week so I'm pretty happy with it so far but it is NOT easy for me.
  • trugift
    trugift Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I bought it too, I plan to start it on Monday. I'd like to partner up :)
  • wannasfitness
    wannasfitness Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I just completed Day 2 (+ added an additional excercise) and will be on Day 3 tmrw.

Let's partner up!
  • tycoon460
    tycoon460 Posts: 28 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    tstoner06 wrote: »
    I'm just completing week one of the 8 week fat loss program from Fitness Blender. I just wanted to see if anyone else was doing it now too so we could share progress, motivate each other, and discuss the workouts. Week one was really tough for me as it's been a while since I worked out and I'm not sure if I should re-do week one before moving into a tougher week or if I should just keep pushing myself. Thanks!

I would recommend just moving forward at your own pace. Like Kelli keeps saying the exercises and weights can be modified for your difficulty. Don't feel bad I still have to bail out of some of the workouts and take a few seconds rest, do easier versions, do low impact, or pause them. I will say after 3 to 4 weeks my body finally stopped hurting from doing the workouts. I still have my days here and there but at least I can walk again without pain!

I've been doing the Fitness Blender Fat Burn Round #5. I have just finished Workout Plan #38. 6 days left to go. I love the program so far. I've lost around 15 lbs on it and gained a bunch of strength. I first started doing the free Workouts Days 1 - 5 Fat Burn on youTube and got bored with that after 2 weeks. I bought the program after that.

I was recently diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes and had to deal with the huge muscle and weight loss that went along with that due to my body eating muscle and fat for energy for a long time. When I first started I couldn't even do a single pushup from my knees.

These things make me sweat like crazy. On the difficult days I can lose 3-4 pounds in water weight during the workout! Yes, I weigh and take blood glucose pre and post workout just to keep track of my body changes so I can deal with them properly.

I plan on buying the Fat Burn for Busy People next. I love working out 6 days a week, but sometimes I skip parts of the longer workouts because my wife will complain if I'm working out for over an hour.
  • minniebee
    minniebee Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I'm starting it tomorrow if anyone wants a buddy to check in with!
  • minniebee
    minniebee Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Finished day 3 today! Feeling good but I know I'm gonna be sore tomorrow.