in honor of my 200th day... (pics)

Options
Hey all :) I hope everyone's day is going well, that you're staying active, respecting your need for rest, eating well, and loving yourself a bit more than you did the day before this.

Today is my big "200th day" (although i think i had my days reset a few times in the beginning) so as a treat to myself i put together a side-by-side photo to remind me of my progress and to help me forge onward to actually reach my goal.

I know when i was starting out, reading /seeing these success stories really helped me out, so hopefully MY story will inspire others to get started, to keep going and to reach thier wildest dreams :)

sidebysidemay2010april2011-2.jpg

I started my journey in December 2009 at 228 pounds, although my highest recorded weight was 251 (c-section day for kiddo #2).
AmyOnJonahsDeliveryDayNov292007-1.jpg

Over the past year and a half I have lost 63 pounds. All but about 15 of those have been lost with MFP :)

The "before" picture is actually a "during" photo taken last May at around 218lbs. I had been walking for about 5 months at that point, and was up to about 5 miles @ 4mph x 2 or 3 times a week. I was still "obese" at this stage, but i was actually feeling pretty strong cardio-wise and had the confidence of knowing *something* was changing. I was doing the activity part of losing weight, was feeling better than i had in years, but I was being very inconsistent to downright aweful with my food intake.

It wasn't too terribly long after this "before/durning" photo was taken that i found MFP!

The "after" picture is actually a month old now (about 3 or 4 pounds heavier, though i don't think i look any different). It was right after earning a new 5k PR of 29:59 (woot!). Its been a long journey of self-discovery, and determination balanced with patience that has gotten me this far.

I think the "after" photo does a pretty good job at hiding my problem areas, but trust me on this: they are still there! LOL! My belly is my #1 problem spot and i am sure many of you can relate to the battle wounds of having two large babies via c-sections.

Anyhoo, my "goal" is to be fit and to lose around 10-12 more pounds of fat and gain/define muscle. I'm taking a "slow and steady wins the race" approach.... Feel free to friend me, btw :)

Replies

• maipai21
    maipai21 Posts: 146
    Options
    You look amazing! Congratulations!
  • BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! Congrats on the 5K PR too!
  • Mollydolly10
    Mollydolly10 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Wow, you look incredible!!! I can't believe that the before(during)/after pictures are only 200 days apart - amazing dedication!!! I also LOVE how dedicated you are to running, and those are amazing times too - you are AWESOME!
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    You look great, and I must say you dont look like you weigh 165lbs at all, I was actually shock when i saw that below your ticker. You look alot smaller than 165...awesome

Congrats on your success, and keep up the awesome job
  • tomorrowisnotpromised
    tomorrowisnotpromised Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    You go GIRL!!! Awesome job, keep up the good work!
  • rachael0008
    rachael0008 Posts: 10
    Options
    Wow! So glad I found this post! You are an inspiration! What a journey you've been through so far. Truly truly GREAT WORK! :flowerforyou:
  • spitfire1962
    spitfire1962 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I can see a huge difference. You look toned and much smaller and healthier than the before picture. I can see the hard work you've put in. Great job! Congratulations. ;)
  • danamfinn
    danamfinn Posts: 77
    Options
    You are inspiring, thanks for sharing!
  • Tencie0615
    Tencie0615 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    u look great!!! happy 200th :flowerforyou:
  • runlorirun
    runlorirun Posts: 389
    Options
    You look AMAZING! Happy 200th day :flowerforyou:
  • Suzanneg2011
    Suzanneg2011 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You are my new inspiration! Congratulations. Perhaps 200 days from now I can post some awesome photos too! I need to figure out how to get motivated to do the walking part and increase my endurance. I can barely do 20 minutes and that is not at a fast pace. I did bring my sneakers to work today - so I guess today will be Day 1. :happy:
  • Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    I'm inspired as well, for the weight loss of course (you look amazing!) but also about the 5k!!! My last 5k (my second ever) was a 36:37, which I was thrilled with...but I'd LOVE to be under 30!!!! I know I can get there, but currently I'm running my first 10k this weekend. Hoping to get a decent time for that.

You look beautiful, and from someone else who's had two c-sections... I totally get the belly thing... it just sort of hangs there with a mind of it's own!!!! I'm hoping to get where I want to be and stay there for a while and get a tummy tuck. Not that I push surgery, but I think it will make me even more confident and fit in clothes better!

Good for you... you look amazing... seriously!
  • pdcarrell
    pdcarrell Posts: 101
    Options
    Awesome Your such an Inspiration!
  • ineednapkin
    ineednapkin Posts: 151
    Options
    Wow you look amazing!!!! :D Congrats and keep it up!
  • ColoradoRobin
    ColoradoRobin Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    What amazing progress! You look amazing and so thin! Grats on the PR as well!
  • mjemerson
    mjemerson Posts: 141
    Options
    You are an inspiration, congrats!!! Hope I look like you when I hit my goal!
  • courtrptr13
    courtrptr13 Posts: 272
    Options
    Congrats on your progess! You look amazing!
  • Mariposa7
    Mariposa7 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Truly an inspiration! Congrats on soo many things, the weightloss, the discovery, the running, the PR!! Congrats! Congrats! Congrats!!
  • jam1166
    jam1166 Posts: 30
    Options
    Congrats! You look amazing and must feel great!
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    :love: You look amazing!!!

Thank you for sharing your story. Such an inspiration! :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!