EEEkkkkk! I am what?!!!!??

Options
2»

Replies

• labgirl3
    labgirl3 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I agree that BMI can be useful, but if you are lifting weights, it can be a poor indicator of fitness. Just as an example, I am just 10 pounds away from being obese (currently 5'4" at 164, which is overweight), and wearing a size 8. The last time I was this size, I was probably 20 pounds lighter, with considerably less muscle mass.
  • ryzola
    ryzola Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    When I body built, my BMI told me I was morbidly obese and needed to go to a doctor....when I was in the best shape of my life.

It's inaccurate and doesn't take into account loads of factors, obviously, in my case it was extreme, but I'd take it with a pinch of salt.
  • Bviera
    Bviera Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    yeah BMI says I should be about 102 ..... Never gonna happen LOL I would disappear I'm aiming for 150-130 to be healthy... its better than this 200 I'm carrying around ........... Thank you everyone!! the motivation always helps

102 lbs for a 5'2" person is only for people who have reaaaally small frames. I find it unrealistic too. I'm also 5'2" and my goal weight is 130-135 range. I could probably get down to about 125 lbs, but any lower I think is unrealistic for my frame. I was at 125-130 for a little while a few years ago and I was a US size 6, felt great, and looked great. So I think your range right now is probably a great one for you!