I'm not a "Big Guy," I am a Morbidly Obese man!

Options
2»

Replies

• sodakat
    sodakat Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    jcduenas wrote: »
    e59055vmhf0p.jpg
    I couldnt figure out how to add a picture earlier...

Love the back shots. Your shoulders got broader, LOL! Fantastic work. I've been fooling with this for about 10 months too. We learn so much about ourselves, don't we? I think it will be a couple more years before I feel like I have a real handle on things. Meanwhile, I try to pay attention to different food scenarios that trip me up. This past holiday season was interesting. I didn't de-rail, but I did learn that I still like goodies.

So wonderful how you are able to do more with your family!

55835802.png

• bwogilvie
    bwogilvie Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! And after a year, you should consider joining the National Weight Control Registry, which is compiling a database and conducting studies on people who have lost at least 30 lb. and kept it off for over a year. I joined, partly so that my experience can help others, but also as additional motivation not to slowly regain the weight.
  • Indie4774
    Indie4774 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    This is an amazing story and I have to say a huge congratulations to you on your results and a thank you on your honest account of how you got this far. I wish you all the best in continued support and determination, well done.
  • NikonPal
    NikonPal Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. I enjoyed your story very much. It’s funny how we are all different.

When people would say to me “you’re just a big guy” I’d laugh and say “what are you, nuts? I’m not obese. I’m not severely obese. I am morbidly or maybe even super obese with my BMI.” Give me a break…my waist was 60”.

I used a warped self-deprecating type of true humor, to fend of sympathy etc. I had (and still have) multiple health issues – but I love sitting in a booth again at a restaurant and have lost 171 pounds so far.

I’m going to end here…because this is your story. I will likely tell mine in another month or two.

The point is – a person can be 300, 350 or 400+ pounds – and be successful in some serious weight-loss with discipline / dedication – what you called “hard work”. You have proven that fact!

Best wishes for continued success and happiness.

• sbrookes9
    sbrookes9 Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Tears, joy and happiness for you. Well done Sir! <3
  • rodmanalbe
    rodmanalbe Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    jcduenas wrote: »
    However, the most important and powerful success is all the things I was missing with my family, I can finally do.

This is the best part of it. I went snorkelling four days ago and I was actually able to wear diving gear (they provided), something I would have never been able to do a year ago. So much I've missed, so much to look forward to.

Congrats, my friend, keep the hard work up!
  • 1DEF
    1DEF Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Very well written -- sure to inspire so many people. Thanks for posting.
  • obscuremusicreference
    obscuremusicreference Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    Well done!
  • andysport1
    andysport1 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    the bit about the mind will give up before the body is so true, athletes can be heard muttering short term pain whilst sprinting the last leg of a race. They must be telling their minds to butt out of the race.

Well done what's your next goal ?
  • jalix7419
    jalix7419 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Amazing story!!!
  • TheSatinPumpkin
    TheSatinPumpkin Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts. What an heartfelt yet amazing and inspiring story.

Well Done!!!!
  • nycebxdude
    nycebxdude Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Bro, you have encouraged me. God bless your journey.
  • subversive99
    subversive99 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Well done sir. An inspiration to myself, who is just getting serious about my journey as a fellow 'big guy', if not quite as big as where you started from. Currently sitting at 261, down from a high of 278, and aiming for onederland. I have many of the same motivations as you, with 4 young kids and a supportive spouse. I want to be able to be active with my family, as well as finally shed the 'fat guy in the group' tag that I've had my whole life (even when, looking back, I really wasn't that fat). Keep on keeping on!
  • MrsMizart
    MrsMizart Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    Wow. Excellent words. I take my hat off to your hard work and dedication lad.
  • meryl135
    meryl135 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing so much of your journey! it's fantastic to see your progress - you look great!
  • bethouiseevans
    bethouiseevans Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    You are a truly inspiring human being sir - congratulations on your lifestyle change and progress! Your determination is awesome :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!