Any Keto dieters here?

Options
If so what have you lost so far and how have you found it? Thanks :)

Replies

• rookie8itch
    rookie8itch Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm doing keto/ no carb/ no sugar. I've lost 45 lbs in 4 months. I found all my recipes and information on pintrest! Good luck!
  • Nou1984
    Nou1984 Posts: 10
    Options
    Wow that's amazing!!! Any meals ideas would be great :) Feel free to add me xxx
  • violasmith85
    violasmith85 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I am. Been on it one week, I've lost 7 pounds.
  • ketorach
    ketorach Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Keto. Lost 22lbs in 4 months.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,711 Member
    Options
    I went low-carb about two years ago and simultaneously started heavy lifting and cut back drastically on the cardio. Lost 10 lbs. and completely changed my body shape. I know it doesn't work for everyone, but my entire life I believed I was a pear shape and was destined to have proportionately larger thighs and hips. Not anymore!

Also, the cravings completely disappear. I don't want the heavy bread or pasta or rice or whatever in my body. Everyone else (such as family or friends) can eat it to their hearts content. I don't miss it or envy them at all. That's a common misconception when people find out you've eliminated a lot of carbs.

Tons of info on this site and others regarding keto. You'll find a wealth of information.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,395 MFP Moderator
    Options
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1143-keto

I highly recommending check out the groups section.. there are a few keto groups that have very large amounts of knowledge.
  • lynniewoz
    lynniewoz Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I've done it before for 3 months, lost 35#. Now I'm on day 4 with 7# lost. Feel free to add me to view my food log! I find all my recipes online. Caveman Keto and Ruled.me are my #1 sources.
  • andysport1
    andysport1 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    My tip, buy a soup maker and a protein shaker then retire off every other kitchen implement.
    It can work if you control it 5 days in 2 days out will do more harm than good (on the scales)

Good luck, your in good company
  • eatsyork
    eatsyork Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I don't really label how I eat but I've been in nutritional ketosis fairly consistently since September (just a couple special events or too much beer here and there) and I've lost 42 lbs (and 10 lbs pre-MFP just from cutting bread and pasta).
  • BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    No Keto here.

Lost 56 Since the first of October 2014 by eating healthier and less and in my calorie allowance.
  • mexndn
    mexndn Posts: 3
    Options
    Keto right here!
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    I'm doing keto/ no carb/ no sugar. I've lost 45 lbs in 4 months. I found all my recipes and information on pintrest! Good luck!

So you eat no veggies at all?
  • reneandbaby
    Options
    I follow the ketogenic principles. My family has an issue with PCOS and refined carbs are so hard on my body. My daughter has a prescribed blood ketone monitor so I have been able to "cheat" and monitor myself ocassionally with her supples. I have had a bit of a bumpy road figuring out how to make sure I am eating enough--- my understanding nutritional ketosis should be no higher than 3 and starvation ketosis kicks in above that number. I have had readings very consistently in the 5-6 range lately, so I am trying to figure out how to add back in some careful selected calories. I have lost 15 pounds since Dec 2nd, looking to lose about another 15. That will place me back at my typical baseline weight.
  • catberries22
    catberries22 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the Ketonic diet but I don't monitor the ketones. I just make aure im at 60% fat each day and low carbs and sugars
  • denisegresham1
    denisegresham1 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    low carbs, but no carbs? How is that possible, unless you just eat meat all the time, which is not the best. You do need some vegetables.
  • leighn62
    leighn62 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I did LCHF for quite a while and it worked well and I enjoyed it. Eventually I got tired of having to keep certain things out of my diet and ended up throwing everything out the window. I gained most of the weight back. I know that low carb keeps me full and makes it easier to stay below my calorie goal. Now I'm having success watching carbs and paying the most attention to calories. I feel less deprived and more satisfied. I believe in keto...just wasn't best for my mental mindset.
  • susiequsie54
    susiequsie54 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm doing keto and have not lost. I've taken it seriously 7 straight days.
  • djpriddy
    djpriddy Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    1 week on Monday, lost 6.2 pounds.
  • zerogwafa
    zerogwafa Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Nou1984 wrote: »
    If so what have you lost so far and how have you found it? Thanks :)

Been Keto since March 20th last year. Down 60 pounds. At first, I didn't think I would be able to do it, since I LOVE pasta and rice. After the first two weeks however, I lost 15 pounds (mostly water) and didn't crave it anymore.
  • KarenE86
    KarenE86 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I'm doing keto and I love it! I've lost 5lbs in a week and a half. I also feel better and don't have food cravings like I used to.