sparkling water

Options
i drink a lot of water (4-7 16 oz bottles per day) i love drinking the stuff. but every once in a while id like to drink flavored sparkling water to change it up. i know there are many brands that have 0 sugar and no sodium however in not sure if that means its healthy or good for you. Ive done some research and people say that carbonated drinks cause kidney stones but this is not proven. dose anyone know if sparkling water causes your performance at the gym to decrease or if there are any other negative effects to drinking it?

Replies

• Emmy4444
    Emmy4444 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I can't imagine drinking sparkling water would cause your performance at the gym to be better or worse. It's just hydration. I prefer plain club soda with a lemon or lime slice to the flavoured stuff though, after all, it's just carbonated as opposed to "flavoured" with chemicals and whatnot.

I'd love to know more about how good it is for you though.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,485 Member
    Options
    I drink 2 litres soda water every day. Have done since I quit 2 litres fizzy pop in 2009. Never had any problems.
    Cheers, h.
  • HLindsayA
    Options
    I've been drinking plenty of plain water, but I do enjoy mixing it up with sparkling water. Found one I really like by Dasani, it has a very slight but yummy berry flavor. No calories or sugar.
  • Trukngrl
    Trukngrl Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I love Club Soda, my go to beverage. I drink it everywhere I go out to. It can't be terrible for you - just water w/carbonation....even if it is bad, not worse than soda w/fake or real sugar and chemicals.
  • SeattleRaven
    Options
    If you are concerned about too much carbonation, you can mix it with regular water. (I can't take too much carbonation because of reflux.)