I've had enough of being fat.

Options
I used to be fit and healthy. A change in countries came with a change in lifestyle and a weight gain. I've put on 11kgs and I'm not happy. I need to get back to my healthy weight. If I don't do it now, I will regret it. Please let me stick to a healthy regime and exercise plan this time!

Replies

• Vido_P
    Vido_P Posts: 93
    Options
    The app has helped me! Stay focused and keep your eyes on the prize!!
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    You sound very motivated that can help so much in making positive changes! Welcome :)
  • softblondechick
    softblondechick Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    I read an interesting quote the other day. .

"Being fat is hard"
    "Losing weight is hard"

Pick your hard.

I pick losing weight!
  • jrek521
    jrek521 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I read an interesting quote the other day. .

"Being fat is hard"
    "Losing weight is hard"

Pick your hard.

I pick losing weight!

Love this!!

I am almost to my goal after a year--and I much prefer the temporary aches & pains of running a 5K over the aches & pains that I felt walking up the stairs. Good luck! You can do it!!
    My favorite work out quote is, "It doesn't get easier; you get better."
  • TriedEverything
    TriedEverything Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I really like the quote above! How true.

To the original poster - 11kgs doesn't sound like the biggest gain in the world, especially if it's been over a long period of time. Not that I am trying to make your problem seem trivial.

I've struggled with my weight for many years, and I'm currently the heaviest I've ever been - even though I have been a member of this forum for 3 years!! :\ I need to lose about 60lbs (not sure exactly what that is in Kg!) So I know it's not easy. But I am so utterly sick of this excess weight ruining my life, that I know it's now time to get really serious. I was half heartedly following a diet, but only for 5 or 6 days a week. I'm finding it easier than I have in the past, as my motivation is stronger. Just hoping it will remain so!!

Apart from that, all I can really suggest is trying something slightly different - whether that is food, or exercise. And do you have a special event coming up that you can focus on? Even a holiday in the summer would do.

Wishing you luck anyway - the title of your thread grabbed my attention, because it says exactly what I'm feeling too! Good luck - you can do it. :) (add me as a friend if you wish)
  • ThatGirlAleee
    Options
    Everyone has the power to do what they want. It just takes that one little moment in life or that one person in your life to remind you that in fact you CAN do it! Keep it up girl!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Go get it!
  • JZygmunt72
    JZygmunt72 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    believe and you can achieve. I put my mind to it over the past little bit and i have been able to lose almost 10 pounds. Its crazy what you can do. eat healthy and even just walk and you will lose weight in no time. losing weight starts in the kitchen.