New here looking for friends & motivation

My doc told me about this site to help me with calorie counting. Need to loose around 55 pounds have alot of health issues cant really exercise. Hoping when some weight comes off exercise will come easier. ♡

Replies

• tolkat
    tolkat Posts: 11 Member
    im new too. sounds like we have some common issues.
  • tolkat
    New DAY New start
    drinking first glass of water
  • patneia
    patneia Posts: 13 Member
    Great way to start! I'm here, trying to shed 30-35 lbs of FAT! ( going to look at those lbs that way!). Going to have a water too after my savored breakfast! Cream O' wheat/coffee
  • tolkat
    i have a Dr. appt this week and i think he wants to put me on diabetes meds. NOT GOOD. Not sure if I will start on them if he does.
  • Hi, am looking at 30 lbs to loose at the moment. In 2013 I lost already 35 lbs and during 2014 I managed to stay at that level. Trigger for me was severe health issues in 2012 , perhaps like you. Remember, any 5 pct weight loss boosts your fitness level by 10!
  • Everyone has the power to do what they want. It just takes that one little moment in life or that one person in your life to remind you that in fact you CAN do it!
  • Thanks everyone for the encouraging words. I think with MFP it will be alot easier counting calories and keeping track of everything. My daughter and I are doing this together so hopefully she can help me and vice versa. Trying to encourage her to join MFP also. I lost 40 pounds of pure fluid since November so I know the rest can and will come off with the self will power. I have never had a weight problem until 2008 sent me for a hysteroctomy and 2010 I broke my ankel, tore my Achilles tendon (In the same leg) and tore my TFCC in my wrist and had to have surgery. Needless to say I was down and out for the entire year of 2010 and thats when the weight crept on from the meds I was on and being sedentary As well. Well I am Taking Back my life now so I can play with my Beautiful New Grandaughter!! Time for the old body to come back! Look out world here I come full force straight ahead!!