iFit App Info/Thoughts, please.

Options
Pipsg1rl
Pipsg1rl Posts: 1,414 Member
Can any users help me answer some questions? Their website is not very informative.

My husband purchased an elliptical for us this Christmas and it says it is "iFit compatible."

Android and Apple compatible - If I have both, can I simply use my account log in or will I need 2 accounts?

Is it possible to share the account with someone (for example, my son said he'd love to use it on our elliptical)?

What do the workout cards provide? (ie: Jillian Michael's Workout 1). Is this an interval training program?

Finally, did you start with a monthly subscription to try it out or go full throttle for the year? Is it worth the $99 fee?

I wouldn't care if it didn't update automatically to my MFP account, I normally log that separately anyway, so that's not a concern and I don't plan to use yet another tracker.

Replies

• Pipsg1rl
    Options
    Anyone?
  • Joline1207
    Joline1207 Posts: 14 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Mine does not update to the MFP. I use a Polar HRM with my workouts and that automatically updates so I am not too concern about the direct connection between iFit and MFP. I do have the subscription. It came free with the iFit module that I had to buy separately. I bought it through Amazon because it was cheaper than my local Dunham's store. I love it. I struggled to initially get it hooked up to my wireless router, but the iFit technical chat support is pretty awesome.

I use my module on a Proform treadmill. Their iPad app isn't compatible with my treadmill, but you can log into their website and still view the "street view" as you walk, run or whatever. There are no cards on mine. Depending on your machine, it might take cards. There are a ton of free programs that can be downloaded and some pay programs too. Once you pay for them, you can use them again and again as long as you have an active iFit module/subscription.
  • Pipsg1rl
    Options
    Thanks!
  • Pipsg1rl
    Options
    After signing up for an account for myself I discovered you can add 3 additional profiles to the account. The user has to set up their own free account and then you can add them to yours. This answered one of my original questions.
  • lilmisstx
    lilmisstx Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    It sure would be nice for the IFIT band to sync with my fitness pal.
  • Pipsg1rl
    Options
    This was a waste of money for me and I was unable to use it the way I thought I could. It never would connect to my elliptical. Oh well, L/L. (Live and Learn)