Getting rid of my "fat" clothes

Options
at my heaviest I was wearing a 4-5x; and I bought most of my clothes at Catherine's. However my first success with weigh loss I was down to a 2X, i still have a ton of my old clothes, mostly because, I was hoping to sell them, as i am always broke, and can use the extra money. I have posted pics on Facebook of the clothes hoping someone would be interested in buying them.
I am just at thre point where I just want them gone!!!I don't want to ever fall into that trap, of gaining more weight back, knmowing I have clothes. Any ideas? most, if not all of the clothes, have never been worn. I have several pairs of black dress pants, all from Catherine's petite length;I'5'3" itThey're from right fit, so the tags say size 9 petite, but I think they're more like a 26/28 or maybe even a 30/32.

I am not opposed to donating them, but I'm not too keen on donating them to Goodwill. Around the holidays, I learned the CEO of Goodwill indistries earns $2.3 million in salary and that only .09 of every dollar emade through their stores actually goes to helping people. There is something very wrong with that picture to me.:/

Angie

Replies

• emilymean
    emilymean Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    You could try selling them as a "lot" on eBay, simply take a bunch a bunch of pics and post, ebay is having a discount to new sellers right now. Look at other seller's lot to get an idea how to display your clothes and pricing. Otherwise, see if there is a resale store in your area that is interested. I gave mine to goodwill because, like you, I wanted them gone.
  • rbfdac
    rbfdac Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    are you on Fattoo on FB? It's a nationwide clothing swap group. size 20+. There's also one called Fattoo Grande, sizes 26+, I believe. I'm sure stuff from Catherine's would go quickly from there. I buy/sell LOTS of stuff on Fattoo. Message me if you want more details. It's addicting, honestly. You'll find stuff you want to buy now too!
  • SuggaD
    SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    freecycle
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    I did the "lot" thing mentioned above, but sold them locally on Craigslist. I would recommend that mainly if you live in a somewhat smaller city. A rural/small town I don't think it would be as successful and in a large city it might be scary. But for me it was ideal! I sold all of my stuff within a couple of days each time.

I just took photos of the items, described them & set a price for each "lot". I met up with buyers in public places and had zero creepy experiences.

I also had a garage sale at my home and advertised it on some local plus size clothing swap facebook pages, as well as Craigslist. That was a huge success for me, I made hundreds of dollars. But that time was my first go-round, and I had loads of professional clothes in sizes 20-24 to sell.

Good luck!

• Realtree2429
    Realtree2429 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Look into a local nursing/mrdd home. Some of the residents could be wards of the state and most definitely need clothes. I was doing Goodwill, but like yourself, learned not to do that!!!!!! So now mine go to my local home.
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    We often use Saint Vincent de Paul.
  • lessismoreohio
    lessismoreohio Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    Could you give them to a local church to provide to a local family in need?
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    Around where I live there are clothing donation bins by the churches. That's what I've done with all but 1 pair of jeans.
  • Angie1212mfp
    Options
    thanks for all the wonderful ideas. I want to stay away from eBay if I can, as i am unable to drive at present. So, if I do decide to keep trying tp sell, I'd want to stay close to home. ;)will habe to check out Fattoo for sure.

Angie
  • lsgibbs83
    lsgibbs83 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    If you still want to sell them look for a consignment shop in your area. There are a couple of really nice ones where I live. While I am still losing that is where I am getting a lot of my "new" clothes. As I lose more I sell them back. Obviously I don't get back what I paid but every little bit helps.