32yo male @ 290lbs, on journey to 220lbs. Welcoming tips and motivation!

Options
Hi all - Great to be part of this community of like minded people committed to bettering themselves.

Please introduce yourself, as I'd like to connect with peers and support each other in reaching each of our fitness goals!

Any tips, comments, questions, or sharing of success is welcomed!

I'm on week 1 and I've hit the gym everyday and greatly improved my nutrition. Now resting on the weekend.

My motivation comes from truly believing my new body is waiting for me in the future, 12 months from now, and all I have to do is follow a clear, doable plan of fitness and nutrition targets daily!

I'd like to hear what MOTIVATES you!

Best of luck!

Replies

• thegreatcanook
    thegreatcanook Posts: 2,419 Member
    Options
    I'm motivated my not wanting to feel like crap again! Add me!
  • steveg1982
    steveg1982 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Yes! Sick of feeling crappy too! Thanks for sharing!
  • kevinmacpa
    kevinmacpa Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I am on a 3 month 30lbs journey, let's motivate each other.
  • quickcrx702
    quickcrx702 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    The key to losing weight is consistency and patience. Your goal date of 12 months is very good, and totally doable. I'm super lazy, and I dropped a little more than 50lbs in 2009. You can definitely do better than me, just stay motivated and don't cheat every week like I did!
  • steveg1982
    Options
    kevinmacpa wrote: »
    I am on a 3 month 30lbs journey, let's motivate each other.

Let's do it! And let's stay in touch throughout the journey!
  • steveg1982
    Options
    The key to losing weight is consistency and patience. Your goal date of 12 months is very good, and totally doable. I'm super lazy, and I dropped a little more than 50lbs in 2009. You can definitely do better than me, just stay motivated and don't cheat every week like I did!

Great advice! Thanks for this! I agree consistency and patience are critical!
  • Angie1212mfp
    Options
    I had a stroke at 41, that was all the motivation I needed!! Feel free to add me; We are all in this together.. GOod luck!!!

Angie
  • jesse1952
    jesse1952 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I'm motivated every time I put on the pants that fit me last year but are so tight now.
  • steveg1982
    Options
    I had a stroke at 41, that was all the motivation I needed!! Feel free to add me; We are all in this together.. GOod luck!!!

Angie

Angie, thanks for sharing your personal experience. I just added you. I look forward to keeping in touch and supporting each other in this!
  • mousey1024
    Options
    I've lost 5 lbs. since I started using mfp...that's a motivator for me! Looking forward to going through this with everyone.
  • steveg1982
    Options
    jesse1952 wrote: »
    I'm motivated every time I put on the pants that fit me last year but are so tight now.

I know that feeling - it sucks BIG time! OR having to go up yet another notch on the belt. #worstfeelingever #fatsucks
  • steveg1982
    Options
    mousey1024 wrote: »
    I've lost 5 lbs. since I started using mfp...that's a motivator for me! Looking forward to going through this with everyone.

Congrats on the 5lbs! Looking forward to supporting each other!
  • hannahannabell
    hannahannabell Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    hey good luck ill join you on your journey ive got to loose at least 45lb and im not very strong! so the more the merrier or fitter and healthier for me!
  • steveg1982
    Options
    hey good luck ill join you on your journey ive got to loose at least 45lb and im not very strong! so the more the merrier or fitter and healthier for me!

Awesome! Let's connect!
  • veronicaWILLloseit
    Options
    I need to lose 85 pounds and gain some muscle.. My children and the fact that I would like to, for once, wear a tight mini skirt (just to see how it feels). Please feel free to add me.
  • steveg1982
    Options
    If An awesome quote comes to mind...

"When you PLAN to Win and PREPARE to Win, then you have every right to EXPECT to Win."
    -Zig Ziglar

If we plan and prepare to win, you'll be rocking the mini skirts, and I'll be in my size 42T bespoke suit. :) best of luck! Looking forward to sharing success!
    I need to lose 85 pounds and gain some muscle.. My children and the fact that I would like to, for once, wear a tight mini skirt (just to see how it feels). Please feel free to add me.