Hit a Plateau

Options
I think I've hit a plateau, I've started getting really good about eating "more" as a nutritional counselor at my gym advised I wasn't getting enough calories for the time I was putting in at the gym. ~~ I actually feel like I put on a little weight.. sigh..

I have an upcoming surgery for a meniscus tear so I haven't been able to push myself hard during cardio (or run) like I was before.

So looking for some other advice on how to push through this plateau. AUGH it's driving crazy not to see the scale move..when I know I have done' everything right so far!!

Replies

• MoonShadow_1au
    MoonShadow_1au Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    All reports I hear about plateaus require a big change to your workouts (and changed regularly).

If you are using a cycle and do a constant 30 min then try changing to do 20 min but go at 100 rpm for 10 seconds and 60 rpm for 20 seconds (and repeat for the 20 min). This high intensity / low rest workout is suppose to be the "best" way to burn fat (or so they say)
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    I'm plateauing as well. I was given the advice to not eat fruit pass 2pm and not to eat carbs in the evening. So my dinner will consist of fish only and I will make sure I eat all my veggies and fruit earlier in the day. Hopefully it will work.
  • darrenham
    darrenham Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about the plateau. Concentrate on maintaining until after you recover from your surgery, then get back on with the running when the physios or your doc says you can.
  • darrenham
    darrenham Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I'm plateauing as well. I was given the advice to not eat fruit pass 2pm and not to eat carbs in the evening. So my dinner will consist of fish only and I will make sure I eat all my veggies and fruit earlier in the day. Hopefully it will work.

Time of the day really doesn't matter when it comes to weight loss. Yes it changes the way the body reacts instantly to food, but over the course of a week it doesn't really make much difference. The only time I'd advise not to eat calorie rich food in the evening is because these are the times when people snack, if you're trying to cut cals, they're the easiest to cut.

From the sounds of your situation it might be best to look at your exercise routine rather than the diet.
  • TrainerRobin
    TrainerRobin Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    After answer this question a few times, I added a blog post that might help you out:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/TrainerRobin/view/beating-your-plateau-some-tips-for-success-99882

Good luck to you!!

:drinker:
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options

Time of the day really doesn't matter when it comes to weight loss. Yes it changes the way the body reacts instantly to food, but over the course of a week it doesn't really make much difference. The only time I'd advise not to eat calorie rich food in the evening is because these are the times when people snack, if you're trying to cut cals, they're the easiest to cut.

From the sounds of your situation it might be best to look at your exercise routine rather than the diet.

Well I'm not really changing my calorie intake or even removing foods. I'm just rearranging when I eat them. My diary will remain the same. I started strength training so I know the cause. I'm just trying to get the muscles to release this water.
  • chris_elizabeth
    chris_elizabeth Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    TrainerRobin - Some great advice on that blog! We could all learn from those steps!