My NSV....

Options
Today I mowed the lawn....Big deal?? It is to me. I haven't mowed the lawn since I was 12 when my mom used to make me help her. I'm 34..I haven't mowed the lawn my entire adult life. Why? Because I was too lazy, that's why. I would tell my hubby "Honey, it's time to cut the grass, and then I'd sit my tush on the couch and watch t.v. while he did it. Well, that was the old me. Today I told him "I wonder how many calories I could burn by cutting the grass?" So I strapped on my HRM and away I went. But it gets better..I left the riding mower in the storage building and I pulled out the push mower..I felt so good, accomplished, I cut it because I wanted to be active, not because I had to. That's totally different than the "me" from a year ago. And the best part is, I'm looking forward to doing it again!!

By the way...683 calories for 90 minutes of mowing the lawn!!

Replies

• breezymom81
    breezymom81 Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Congrats, I do the same thing, everything I need to do I think of the calories I could burn, turn on HRM and hop to it!
  • jen2bthin78
    jen2bthin78 Posts: 39
    Options
    OMG!!!! Great for you!! That is awesome!!
  • journeytoahealthy51
    journeytoahealthy51 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Good for you. You know you are on the right track when your whole mindset has changed like that!
  • nikki_zav
    nikki_zav Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Congrats. Plus you get to be out and enjoy the sunshine!! I did the same thing last year. Fired my lawn guy and bought an old school reel (spinny blades) mower. It's a workout for sure! Just wait till you see how much you burn when you add in weeding and other gardening. Keep up the great work!
  • charityateet
    charityateet Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Kick *kitten*!
  • MzChiz
    MzChiz Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!!
  • mmdavidson0128
    mmdavidson0128 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    You know...I can relate. Good for you. What a great feeling you must be enjoying now. Congrats on getting active!!
  • jami54
    jami54 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    awesome! love this!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!