• avocados9
    avocados9 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    me too :) But I doubt I'll lose it by summer
  • gopgirl425
    gopgirl425 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    YUP!! I will take 33 myself.

Hope everyone succeeds and reaches their goal weight~!
  • Ellaskat
    Ellaskat Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    holyfenix wrote: »
    I wish you all the best but can't help and be the voice of reason. 30 lbs by summer (June 21st) is 1.29 lbs a week or a deficit 4515 calories a week, 35 lbs is 1.5 lbs a week or a deficit of 5,250 calories a week, and 40 lbs is 1.72 lbs a week or a massive 6020 calorie deficit a week.

Its all definitely possible but not exactly plausible. I just hope everyone is aware of what you are trying to accomplish.

Great point! This is exactly what I was thinking when reading.... in the past, I set specific goals about weight loss.... which usually set me up to be disappointed. Now, instead of setting a weight target, I'm setting lifestyle targets, and monitoring not only weight, but measurements too. In an ideal world, I'd love to lose 20 pounds... but I don't know if it is realistic. So instead I'm:

committing to working out 6 days a week - even if only for 10 minutes
    committing to eating take out/restaurant/prepared meals at most twice a week
    limiting foods that i think screw me up (dairy, alcohol, sugar, white flour)
    dancing for fun while making dinner at least twice a week:)

If i can make this a fun lifestyle change, about more self love, instead of about more self loathing, I know I'll be exactly who I want to be - no matter what the scale says.
  • mscheftg
    mscheftg Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    holyfenix wrote: »
    I wish you all the best but can't help and be the voice of reason. 30 lbs by summer (June 21st) is 1.29 lbs a week or a deficit 4515 calories a week, 35 lbs is 1.5 lbs a week or a deficit of 5,250 calories a week, and 40 lbs is 1.72 lbs a week or a massive 6020 calorie deficit a week.

Its all definitely possible but not exactly plausible. I just hope everyone is aware of what you are trying to accomplish.

I think for some people this is totally healthy. For other people, it might not be. My sister dropped 30 lbs in about 3 months, but she was over 300 pounds when she started. And that was through diet and exercise. I get what you're trying to say, though.

I want to be under 200 lbs by the end of June. That would take losing 40 pounds as of January 4th. In 5.5/6 months, that's 6-7 pounds per month, which is pretty healthy.
  • bootsiejayne
    bootsiejayne Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I'm in for 45 by summer. :smiley: We can totally do this. Feel free to add me if you want
  • rondakay1962
    Options
    Oh I am so totally in. Need to lose 50lbs but would be psyched to lose the first 10. Logging everyday and just started some exercise so hopeful. Could use some friends for encouragement.
    Ronda
  • runningagainstmyself
    Options
    I've set a loose goal of a 30-40lb loss goal by the end of June, as well. :D
  • Patrice120
    Patrice120 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    30 for me. Feel free to add me if anyone wants more friends!
  • tbranch3634
    Options
    My goal is to lose 31 pounds by July 25. I have lost 3 pounds since Jan 1 and I am on track for my goal.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    :D So exited to lose weight... Can't wait

what's your plan?
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    I'd like to lose 30-35lbs by the Summer, although I'll be happy to look good in my pre-pregnancy sundresses, even if I've not quite lost all the weight. My baby turns 1 on May 1st, and I'd like to look good by then.
  • missnlinx
    Options
    My goal is to get down to at least 72kgs by September so that's pretty much 30+kg to lose. I have successfully logged food intake. I had trouble doing that on my fone, which put me off. But on the computer and tablet everything was a lot clearer.
  • lillianmadrigal
    Options
    Ready to lose 30 pounds and hopefully reach my goal by the beginning of summer. Anybody feel free to add me. Hopefully we will commit to our health and accomplish our goals. Together we can do this :D
  • katekc22
    katekc22 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I'm looking to lose about 30-40 by summer too! Feel free to let me know any tips ! I'd share mine as well!
  • georgiagreeneyes
    georgiagreeneyes Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    My goal is to lose 25-30 pounds by the summer as well. Let's get after it and shed some pounds for good! :smile:

Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • EricaAshley913
    EricaAshley913 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I would like to lose 90lbs by summer but the way my body is set up I'm more than likely will lose 35lbs by summer....we'll see I'm still shot for that big number though...lol
  • Monetp60
    Monetp60 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Me too! 35lbs by July:)
  • vikkiitoria
    vikkiitoria Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Sagenettle wrote: »
    I'd love to lose around 40lbs by summertime myself. Maybe I can actually wear a bathing suit at the beach for the first time since i was a kid!
    Same goal, same time limit and also haven't worn a bathing suit out in public since i was a kid!
  • Sala28
    Sala28 Posts: 4
    Options
    Me toooo :) I'm currently 167 and want to go down to 135
  • DianePK
    DianePK Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I want to lose 38kg (I have lost 2 in 17 days). I am aiming for 0.5 - 1kg per week, but modifying my diet, losing the booze (one day a week - Friday is OK for a couple of wines), cutting out the night time snacking. I don't eat after 7pm, just water after dinner. I've cut back on chocolate (I used to eat a whole bag/bar of what ever I purchased which was everyday and now I don't). I've upped my water intake as well. It doesn't have to be dramatic. Oh and I am exercising for 30 - 60 minutes a day now too.