Anyone just dieting?

Options
2»

Replies

• RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    I am just trying to loose weight only... but while I am doing this I am allowing myself to learn to eat healthier and maintain exercise for long term.. Exercise does help me feel better not just for weight loss since I started do it!

So I am doing two for one. When I loose the weight I will have eating down and exercising already integrated into my routine/schedule and plan to keep doing it!
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I've lost 10kgs (22lbs) in 2mths with zero exercise.
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    Not dieting at all, just eating reasonable-sized portions of whatever I want.
    I expect that to last the rest of my life, while a "diet" is temporary & unsustainable.
    But yes, I do generally exercise. The last couple weeks I've been sick, or waiting for my lungs to recover from that, so I haven't been to the gym. :confused:

"Most weight loss occurs because of decreased caloric intake.
    However, evidence shows the only way to maintain weight loss is to be engaged in regular physical activity."
    http://www.cdc.gov/healthyweight/physical_activity/index.html

51637601.png
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,487 Member
    Options
    Dumdum32, you will do ever so well counting your calories, make sure you get a tarring food scale to keep you accurate.
    If you are meeting with a physio ask about doing water fitness ( aquafit). It gives you a good workout, usually warm- up , 20-30 min cardio, 10-15 min strength, 10min abs focus, then a cool down streach, without stressing the joints.
    Our pool does a number of levels of classes and some individual/ small group classes with a physio instructor.
    It sounds like you have your head in the right place to succeed, good luck.
    Cheers, h.
  • dumdum32
    dumdum32 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Wow that is amazing loses you all have going on :D I'm so inspired.

Hmmm a scale to weigh food is something I've not considered before. Not sure I'll be able to stick to weighing even if I get a scale :# am a bit lazy for that I think.

Aquafit sounds like something I could definitely look into with my physio.

Today has not been a good day with multiple visits to the bathroom :'( just been drinking lots of water. Hopefully will be ok by tomorrow again. Everything I've ate has gone to waste today.

Thank you all again you guys are amazing support.