Healthy breakfast ideas! Avocado and scrambled egg

Options
EGG AND AVOCADO TOAST- CLEAN EATING

This is so simple, it is almost ridiculous to post as a recipe but it is so good and healthy I can't resist! q9nso3hqq3j3.jpg

This is a perfect meal for breakfast, lunch, dinner or a snack.

EGG AND AVOCADO TOAST- CLEAN EATING

1 egg, beaten with a splash of water
1/4 avocado
1 slice whole wheat bread

Heat a small nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add a little oil to pan. Add the beaten egg; season with salt and pepper and scramble. I like to scramble my eggs with a rubber spatula. I pull the edge of the egg towards the middle of the pan (from all sides of the pan) and let the runny uncooked egg roll into the area you just pulled egg away from. Continue to cook the egg by repeating the process of pulling the egg to the center of pan until done.

In a small bowl, mash the avocado with a fork and season with salt and pepper (add a little Tabasco if you like heat) and spread on toast. Top with the scrambled egg.

Replies

• dodd319
    dodd319 Posts: 228
    Options
    Looks awesome! I love avocados just wish they were more affordable where I live.
  • belimawr
    belimawr Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    Yeah avocados are pricey here too, it stinks.

They actually go well together. I never thought they would until a local restaurant chain started advertising an avocado omelet.

I don't do it on toast, but slice up the avocado and toss it in with scrambled eggs and some other veggies.
  • deezydidit
    Options
    I am going to try that tomorrow. I've never had avocado before, but I'm willing you try it.
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    deezydidit wrote: »
    I am going to try that tomorrow. I've never had avocado before, but I'm willing you try it.

This is a great way to try avocado. A little salt and pepper in your "avocado" spread is so yummy. Even if they're expensive, I think they're worth it for a "treat". High in fiber, too!

I love it on toast with turkey (and sometimes bacon), too!
  • codercarol
    codercarol Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    The beauty of this recipe is you put some cheese on the bottom not too much then put whatever you have, today I used a turkey sausage low carb and calorie, spinach, black olives and red, and yellow peppers. Then I use some eggs and lots of egg whites. Sprinkled some pepper jack cheese on top. I've also made it with cottage cheese in it as well. I bake it then just reheat a serving in the microwave all week for breakfast or dinner.

Subject: Baked Omelet Squares
    This is so good. Great for a lot of people. I use spicy sausage, fresh mushrooms, onions, spinach. Drain the spinach well. I use the cheddar cheese on the bottom and then either pepper jack or Parmesan cheese on top. I also add can of drained Rotel with green chiles on top it adds color and taste good. I also use some egg whites. If making for a large crowd I use 10-12 eggs and then eggs whites.
    It's good with whatever you put in it. Ham sausage bacon etc. it reheats nicely for leftovers. I love that it doesn't have bread in it. Lots of protein.
    Enjoy. Everyone loves this dish.
    Baked Omelet Squares

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/baked-omelet-squares/

I would post a picture of mine but not sure how on this website

• talieb90
    Options
    Avocados are quite expensive but they are definitely a treat. When made this it came to under 250 calories which is always a bonus!! Hope those of you that try this enjoy!!
  • nickic14
    Options
    We started making our eggs in our quesadilla maker. Anything from over easy, scrambled to a yummy omelet. No flipping & perfectly done with little mess. Just be sure to spray with or wipe a little oil on it 1st. Works great for French toast & Cinnamon rolls too.
  • into_fitness
    into_fitness Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    that's my favorite! with some hot sauce on it - perfecto!
  • alltheweigh170
    alltheweigh170 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Avocados are about a $1 at the Asian grocery stores. That combo looks and tastes delicious!
  • sizesixorbust
    sizesixorbust Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    i eat this all the time! i use a bagel instead, and heavy on the pepper :)