The secret to drop off all them unwanted pounds

Options
It's hard work and discipline forget all those fat loss pill, they don't even work, hard work in the gym and cleaning up the diet would get anyone to their goals

Replies

• TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    Actually the secret is to burn more than you eat. You don't have to work out, or eat a certain way to lose weight. You need to be at a deficit.

This is, of course, barring any medical issues.
  • Danieltoal93
    Options
    That's true, But I wouldn't advise anyone to eat junk food to lose weight, what's the point of losing weight if you're not being healthy as well? Greens and meat all the way for me anyway, the gym is a great for burning extra calories and building up a nice strong physique
  • Muppyooh
    Muppyooh Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    True. Now I just need some motivation to work out.
  • TheVirgoddess
    Options
    That's true, But I wouldn't advise anyone to eat junk food to lose weight, what's the point of losing weight if you're not being healthy as well? Greens and meat all the way for me anyway, the gym is a great for burning extra calories and building up a nice strong physique

Okay, let's play.

1. What's considered junk food?
    2. What determines a persons health?
  • docktorfokse
    docktorfokse Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    It's understood that exercising while maintaining a deficit preserves more muscle mass than deficit alone, which is in line with one's presumed desire to avoid becoming "skinnyfat."
  • Danieltoal93
    Options
    I would call processed food junk food and if a person is not meeting his/her nutriental needs they have a high chance developing a decease down the line
  • allisonpardi
    Options
    Honestly, I'm just extremely uneducated about it all. What to exercise, what to eat, how much. I used to be in sports in highs cool so I would eat whatever I wanted and maintain my weight. My meals were roman noodles because my family was poor. Lol so, if someone could stop arguing.. And maybe help me? lol
  • TheVirgoddess
    Options

Okay, let's play.

Why cant you both agree to have a little of both?

I do !!!!

I have donuts and broccoli and lean meats and yogurts.... all in the same day???

That's where I was going with my response.
    Honestly, I'm just extremely uneducated about it all. What to exercise, what to eat, how much. I used to be in sports in highs cool so I would eat whatever I wanted and maintain my weight. My meals were roman noodles because my family was poor. Lol so, if someone could stop arguing.. And maybe help me? lol

The first thing you want to do is figure out how much you have to lose, and how active you are. You input that information into MFP, and it spits out a calorie goal.

That goal is made up of three macro nutrients - carbs (4 cals per gram), fat (9 cals per gram) and protein (4 cals per gram).

Now, to just lose weight, concern yourself with the calorie number only. Get as close as you can to it.

For loss and health, use the macro's as your guide. Your goal is to get as close to those numbers as you can.

Exercise will "earn" you extra calories. So if you go for a run, you have the option to eat those calories back or not (I generally do half, depending on how hungry I am).

MFP tends to over estimate calorie burns for activity, IMO. So, if I do yoga for an hour, I only log 30 minutes. That's personal preference.

And finally, this is how I do it personally: protein is my first goal - it keeps you full for longer and is good for your muscles. Next is fat - don't be afraid of it, it's good for you. And lastly, carbs.

You may find that you have to cut certain things out of your diet, for your sanity - and that's okay. But you *don't* need to eat salads and boiled chicken to see success. I've lost 65 pounds in eight months and I eat the thing I enjoy eating (my diary is public), which is part of why I think I've been successful and committed.

Good luck.
  • ekim514
    Options

Okay, let's play.

Why cant you both agree to have a little of both?

I do !!!!

I have donuts and broccoli and lean meats and yogurts.... all in the same day???

That's where I was going with my response.

The first thing you want to do is figure out how much you have to lose, and how active you are. You input that information into MFP, and it spits out a calorie goal.

That goal is made up of three macro nutrients - carbs (4 cals per gram), fat (9 cals per gram) and protein (4 cals per gram).

Now, to just lose weight, concern yourself with the calorie number only. Get as close as you can to it.

For loss and health, use the macro's as your guide. Your goal is to get as close to those numbers as you can.

Exercise will "earn" you extra calories. So if you go for a run, you have the option to eat those calories back or not (I generally do half, depending on how hungry I am).

MFP tends to over estimate calorie burns for activity, IMO. So, if I do yoga for an hour, I only log 30 minutes. That's personal preference.

And finally, this is how I do it personally: protein is my first goal - it keeps you full for longer and is good for your muscles. Next is fat - don't be afraid of it, it's good for you. And lastly, carbs.

You may find that you have to cut certain things out of your diet, for your sanity - and that's okay. But you *don't* need to eat salads and boiled chicken to see success. I've lost 65 pounds in eight months and I eat the thing I enjoy eating (my diary is public), which is part of why I think I've been successful and committed.

Good luck.

Good plan! I've followed a similar path with good results as well.

Using MFP really makes me accountable and keeps me motivated.