Cheat day

Options
what is everyone's opinion on a cheat day ?

Replies

• Shawnalou46
    Shawnalou46 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    My cheat day is Wednesday as we have dinner at church and sometimes on Sunday. I think it breaks up some monotony.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    I see no reason to cheat; I fit the things I want to eat into my day in moderation
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    I don't believe in them. I think the word cheat implies that you're doing something wrong - and I don't like emotions tied into my food.

I consistently log and plan carefully, so that I can work all sorts of different food into my day without feeling like I need a day to binge or cheat.
  • AZTallguy
    AZTallguy Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    My cheat day is giving myself a day off from working out. I still maintain my food intake goals though. I figure missing one thing is bad enough. If I do two, or eat more than allowed, that will throw me further behind.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    I generally fit the foods that I want into my calories. Sometimes I'll eat up to my maintenance calories if I'm going out with friends and can't make it fit, but that's once or twice a month.

I used to have a cheat day once a week when I started losing weight. That worked for a while when I was heavier, but eventually my losses stalled and I had to reevaluate.
  • karlschaeffer
    karlschaeffer Posts: 1,506 Member
    Options
    I'm on "maintenance". I eat within my MFP calories Monday thru Friday and have "free days" on Sat and Sun. Seems to work for me.
  • carrieous
    carrieous Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    i think they make it harder to get back on track. that being said, i go easy on myself during pms (which is now, yay) but i dont go so far as to call it a "cheat day" bc i dont want to just go crazy with it, you can do a lot of damage in one day- or perhaps i should say UNdo a lot of hard work in just one day
  • ambogu
    ambogu Posts: 3
    Options
    I usually have a cheat meal at least once or twice a week. As long as I workout before hand and eat healthy throughout the day.

Cheat meal consists of a pasta dish or a burger. And I try and fit the meal into my Caloric intake.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    ambogu wrote: »
    I usually have a cheat meal at least once or twice a week. As long as I workout before hand and eat healthy throughout the day.

Cheat meal consists of a pasta dish or a burger. And I try and fit the meal into my Caloric intake.

Now I'm confused. Maybe defining a cheat day would be helpful. If something fits into your calories, why would it be cheating?
  • mhb1019
    mhb1019 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I ususally call it a cheat day when I have a couple sweets once a week, but with that being said....I still try to fit it within MFP calorie intake and that seem to work pretty good for me.
  • hollyjmelling
    Options
    i have higher caloric intake goals on weekends.
  • Fit_4_life_502
    Options
    I train 6 days a week and get one cheat meal a month when cutting. Once I am cut I cheat a little more often.
  • oncem0re
    oncem0re Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    I see no reason to cheat; I fit the things I want to eat into my day in moderation
    This is the same for me, I eat half a tsp of brownie that I baked for my kids or I will take 1 bite of a chocolate that I have in my fridge. If I get the urge to have a little sweet, I let myself, I don't deprive @ 100%.