Jawbone UP24 vs FitBit (Flex or Charge). What is the better choice?

Options
I'm debating between an UP24 and the Fitbit Flex or Charge, but I'm unable to decide. Does anyone have experience with any of these when it comes to step/calorie accuracy & easy of use? Any input will be greatly appreciated.

Replies

• Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Personally I find that no one wearable has all the features I want, but the BodyMedia Fit comes closest. The features it lacks that I want are a chest-strap heart rate monitor, bluetooth that doesn't break, and the ability to access my data without a subscription. When that device comes out, I'm buying it.

ETA: I think the Jawbone UP3 might come close to fitting the bill when it comes out. They acquired BodyMedia and I think they just rolled in the sensors from them into a Jawbone package. Still no real-time exercise heart rate monitoring though. Seriously? How do I get in on a focus group?!
  • AutumnElf80
    AutumnElf80 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Yeah I had the Body Media and it was awesome but paying the monthly subscription sucked. And it was bulky. Going to get the Jawbone I think and give it a go.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    I just got the up24 for Christmas. LOVE!!!
  • 1triciakae
    1triciakae Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I got the jawbone up24 for Christmas. I am loving it. You can set goals of steps and it synch s automatically with myfitnesspal.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I'm waiting for the UP3.
  • leeloo54
    leeloo54 Posts: 112
    Options
    UP24 is great, but not accurate at the gym...
  • GoldaTyla
    GoldaTyla Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I like my FitBit FLEX ---- find it very accurate when it measures my steps and my sleep.
  • fiferjim
    fiferjim Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Got a fitbit for xmas and find I get a lot of phantom steps especially whilst using the computer. I guess the aim is to look at the average and try and increase it by actively walking more. The sleep measurement seems quite good though, unlinked it from MFP as it was adding exercise calories that I felt I didn't deserve.
  • db2100
    db2100 Posts: 23
    Options
    I frankly LOVE my FitBit Flex, looking forward to getting the FitBit Charge HR when it comes out over here though.
    The steps and such are very accurate, and the fact it lasts a week without needing a charge is also a bonus.
    With the HR function, gives you a much better read on your calorie burn.
  • ryanhorn
    ryanhorn Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I've had both a Fitbit Flex and I currently have a Jawbone Up24. I'm preferring the Jawbone Up24 at the moment because my Fitbit Flex didn't have as versatile of an app, logged more ghost steps, and was more annoying to charge. I will say though that I think Fitbit's app better integrates with MFP.