Weight Watchers

Options
Hello, I am kinda new here. Been here before. I am giving it another shot with Weight Watchers and would like to meet others who are on the same path with WW. Friend me.

Replies

• Gude2shoos
    Gude2shoos Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You can add me....I am on WW also since March! Good luck:)
  • quizeyfbaby
    quizeyfbaby Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am starting Weight Watchers the second week of January! I am excited to stay in touch with you guys while I am doing this.
  • AmigaMaria001
    AmigaMaria001 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Not to be a buzzkill, but why pay for WW when you can log everything on MFP? Logging on this site has helped me lose 60lbs and keep it off.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Also check out the small groups.. I think I've seen some WW groups and that might help with some extra support as well. :) Great to have you back!

Hearts <3
  • tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,365 Member
    Options
    Not to be a buzzkill, but why pay for WW when you can log everything on MFP? Logging on this site has helped me lose 60lbs and keep it off.

Some people like the support and social aspect of meetings and the accountability of a weigh in by someone else.

OP have you tried the WW messageboards? Probably find a lot more support for WW there, along with more responses for specific WW queries.
  • dmhedge
    Options
    It helps with the support (if you are one who needs it, and who doesn't?). You get soooo many ideas from other members that are in your shoes. People who go to meetings lose 40% more weight than without and keep it off. Once you get to goal, it is free!! Lifetime of support. ;)
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    I understand that its better for some people to have real life buddies and support that way, but the diet itself offers less flexibility and control than simple calorie counting. Theres certainly nothing special about it and like any made up system it will work for some if the points work out you are in calorific deficit and not if you arent. MFP just says it as it is.
    Good luck though abnd id think there are thousands on MFP who are doing WW at the same time due to the sheer size of the community.
  • shewanna
    shewanna Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    You can add me I also do weight watchers
  • quizeyfbaby
    quizeyfbaby Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I found that using an app called Value Diary in conjuction with myfitnesspal is useful and honestly can be just as helpful without paying for weight watchers. Also, my value diary works the same way the actual WWs app does.
  • MandiMayhem
    MandiMayhem Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Idk. I went to weight watchers and it was really expensive and I actually gained weight. And the meetings don't really help all that much and the ww food I bought gave me diarrhea. This app along with exercise helped me lose 20 plus pounds if you really dedicate yourself to doing it right.
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options

THIS....
    I found with the Australia WW, half the food isn't in their database & it's just a royal pain in the a**...Do it for free with MFP, unless you are going to meetings & getting support there?
  • barryvetero
    barryvetero Posts: 10 Member
    Options

I agree. Logging your food and being conscious of what you eat and tracking activity in conjunction with regular weigh ins will be just as effective as WW and it is cheaper. Stay on line and chat with others in these forums to stay motivated and to receive tips. You will feel part of a community and will achieve your goals.
  • cds2001
    cds2001 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    I just started a group for those doing Weight Watchers if interested. Here's the link:
    community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/102107-weight-watchers
  • amsteele22
    amsteele22 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I just joined the weight watchers online, and I have to say I am not impressed! I find their logging so much more difficult and fewer choices (ie yogourt (spelled either way) gives you like three options?). I am going to ask for a refund... its only been a few days. I think I should just come back to MFP!
  • kniemeier1
    kniemeier1 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I am just starting WW again. I lost about 50 pounds with it a few years ago. I loved it, but it was a little expensive so I decided to try it on my own. I have maintained since, but I haven't been able to lose my last 35 I want. So I'm giving it another go!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,358 Member
    Options
    kniemeier1 wrote: »
    I am just starting WW again. I lost about 50 pounds with it a few years ago. I loved it, but it was a little expensive so I decided to try it on my own. I have maintained since, but I haven't been able to lose my last 35 I want. So I'm giving it another go!
    Congrats on maintain! That is a great accomplishment indeed! Keep up the good work!