Fitbit Surge or Flex

Options
Hi All, I am a Garmin girl and recently was told about the Fitbit Surge. I'm looking into it and it seems like the flex may fit me better. Can someone tell me what they think is the Surge all hype should i look into the flex or stick with my Garmin? My Garmin is only for running. it would be cool to see it all.

Replies

• kaseasteele
    kaseasteele Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I'm also a Garmin user, but it was just for cycling/running, so I decided to get a Fitbit flex to see how active I am all day. It broke within two months. I warrantied it but it seems to be a trend of breaking and warranting it, so I got a Garmin Vivofit. I like it so far. Garmin Connect is having issues but I'd much rather have the Vivofit than a Fitbit any day. That and the Vivofit has HR, so I can use my HR monitor with my Vivofit while I'm at the gym.
  • krysannboggs
    krysannboggs Posts: 48 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I just received my Surge yesterday. I traded in my Garmin Vivosmart. But it really just depends on your goals. Are you outdoors a lot? The Surge would be beneficial because it has GPS. But if you're looking to save $$$ then go with a simpler model. The Charge HR detects heart rate like the Surge but doesn't have GPS. That's really think only difference. The flex is just a pedometer plus a sleep tracker, which works great, but again it just depends on what you want to support your goals.
  • Fantabulosity1
    Options
    I just received my Surge yesterday. I traded in my Garmin Vivosmart. But it really just depends on your goals. Are you outdoors a lot? The Surge would be beneficial because it has GPS. But if you're looking to save $$$ then go with a simpler model. The Charge HR detects heart rate like the Surge but doesn't have GPS. That's really think only difference. The flex is just a pedometer plus a sleep tracker, which works great, but again it just depends on what you want to support your goals.

I returned my Garmin Vivosmart and am looking to buy the Surge too! I'm excited to try it and will be happy when BB has them in stock. I can only buy it there since I have a gift card. ;)

I also see you can set the Surge to be activity specific which appeals to me. Right now I'm using a combination of Runkeeper and Runtastic so the more I can simplify my life the better.

• ola130
    ola130 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I am waiting on the The Charge HR ~ can't find it at Target or Walmart. I really don't think its out yet. Have anyone purchased it yet?
  • CMcD1445
    CMcD1445 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I've owned a Fitbit for years. Never had an issue and I love their customer service. I have both a Garmin and Timex run trainer 2.0 for tracking runs and recently bought a Surge to replace it. You can't go wrong with a Fitbit.
  • FNXHRT
    FNXHRT Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    ola130 check target. The chargeHR is out and available but the Surge is on back order for 6-8 weeks :'(

• Th3Ph03n1x
    Th3Ph03n1x Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    ola130 wrote: »
    I am waiting on the The Charge HR ~ can't find it at Target or Walmart. I really don't think its out yet. Have anyone purchased it yet?

Amazon has it now it's the one I want also.