Hypothyroidism won't beat me

Options
My name is Lisa and I am ready to get serious. I have hypothyroidism and my medication is now working with me but I have 50lbs to lose. At least I feel
Human again and know I can do this.

Replies

• may2001
    may2001 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi Lisa, My name is Tina and I have hypothyroidism too. I need to lose about 50lbs as well. Have you found anyone on here with any success yet?
  • renfen
    renfen Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm 53 and have been hypothyroid for 30 years. Hypothyroidism with controlled TSH levels has never kept me from losing weight. Now, overeating, indulging and sitting on my behind has and sometimes that's what you feel like when you're hypothyroid! I lost 73 pounds while hypothyroid, but let myself slip back into old habits and gained 71 pounds back, but I'm back in the saddle and have lost 15 pounds since October which might not sound like a lot, but the holidays, you know..... Anyway, you can lose weight with hypothyroidism. I refuse to allow myself to let that stop me. I pretend I am not hypothyroid and just do the right eating plan! YOU CAN DO IT.
  • Dianakrugle
    Dianakrugle Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I have hypothyroidism too but have lost about 100 lbs so it can be done. Make sure even though your meeting your calories and excercise that you pay attention to the nutrients factors too. 100 calories of fat and 100 calories of protein are not absorbed and processed the same by your body. So healthy eating is best especially with hypothyroidism. I'm now considered healthy levels with taking levothyroxine, diet, and excercise. Trying to get out of a plateau but that happens with us. Just got to change it up a little. So it can be done!
  • lwaringlisa
    Options
    It's been 4 years and am down 50lbs since then but the last 50 are tough... I keep bouncing back and forth 15lbs or so...I must stay focused. I'm
    Getting closer to 50 every year and want to be healthy and sexy for my hubby.
  • lwaringlisa
    Options
    may2001 wrote: »
    Hi Lisa, My name is Tina and I have hypothyroidism too. I need to lose about 50lbs as well. Have you found anyone on here with any success yet?

• lwaringlisa
    Options
    Hey Tina,
    I have lost 50lbs over the last 3 years but now I realize I must get serious... I know its doable... It will be work... But I... We can do this.