Hi! Any college students?

chubtub
chubtub Posts: 3
edited September 27 in Introduce Yourself
Hi, I'm new on this and I need to lose forty pounds to get healthy! I'm sick of being overweight and what better motivator than summer time to try get in shape? I'm 19, don't know if there's anyone my age on this but if there is it'd be cool to have a diet buddy to keep each other on track with similar weight loss goals. I'm 5''7 female and weigh 188lbs right now, in particular I'm worried about a large amount of belly fat I'm carrying and seriously need to shift it for both health and aesthetic reasons...

Replies

• Aeliyah
    Aeliyah Posts: 247
    Hey :) Welcome to MFP!

I'm 25 and in college too... and it's the best time to change the bad habits to good ones! Take it one day at a time, and you'll see progress soon!
  • AniMarieSt
    AniMarieSt Posts: 119 Member
    I'm a full-time college student. :)
  • rgraubner
    rgraubner Posts: 31
    I'm a college student finishing up my first year. We have similar goals - I started at 184 and I want to get down to at least 140!
  • Altiv
    Altiv Posts: 174 Member
    Hi there!

I'm also a full-time college student =)
  • CollegeGirl19
    CollegeGirl19 Posts: 101
    I'm 19 and in college as well. Welcome aboard and good luck with finals!
  • kaitlinmre
    kaitlinmre Posts: 86 Member
    20 and a junior in college :)
  • vs_shine
    vs_shine Posts: 1,322 Member
    Hey girl! I'm a college student in Texas! 22 years old! we can be friends! no problem. You can do this! I"ve been on this site for about 6 weeks and I've lost 13 pounds! it's pretty awesome! I'll send you a request.
  • Hey there! I'm 20, and a full time psychology major! I started to get into shape about a month ago, and I've already lost 15 lbs and inches from everywhere! The first couple of weeks were so hard, but now the mere thought of junk food makes my stomach churn. I feel so much better, and it feels so good to actually know what I'm ingesting (as far as foods go). The best approach is to not follow some fad diet, just eat healthier (follow the food pyramid, within your my fitnesspal counts, and work out (even if it's just walking!) Also ... allow yourself some wiggle room! I use my "cheat days" for when I want to drink at concerts on the weekend. Keep it touch and we can share success stories!
  • kmb2522
    kmb2522 Posts: 48
    i'm a college student too! we should start a college student feed to share our stories/problems and to get help
  • Restlessme
    Restlessme Posts: 191 Member
    18 and I start college next year.
    I started out at 183 and I'm around the same height. Definitely sending you a friend request. :)
  • jmruef
    jmruef Posts: 824 Member
    I'm not in college but I wish I was again - does that count? ;) I loved it. I actually lost weight my first year by about 20 pounds, thanks to a small town/campus, no car, and a dorm with no elevator and living on the 3rd floor. I really didn't diet consciously back then, just walked everywhere. You'd think I'd have learned something!

Guess I should do an intro myself - another post...

Jessica
  • Je21mp3
    Je21mp3 Posts: 17
    Hey college student here!
  • 21 year old college senior! Feel free to add me and good luck
  • ruffledviolet
    ruffledviolet Posts: 260
    20. 3 out of 5 engineering student. on a sort of alternating work/study schedule. currently working, but will take summer classes.
    i have a history of eating disorder issues, but i'm sort of trying to lose weight the "right" way, but it's hard not to fall into old habits.

good to know there's a good amount of 20 something year olds here. :)
  • emd0019
    emd0019 Posts: 179 Member
    22. Technically graduated college but am in veterinary school so I completely understand. Good luck with everything!
  • nc1191
    nc1191 Posts: 51 Member
    I'm also a 19-year-old college student and new to the site. Feel free to add me! :smile:
  • jonjon143
    jonjon143 Posts: 75
    Hey, if you're at all interested in finding a local buddy, check out WannaBuddy.com where people post their interests and can connect with others based on their zip code. Might be fun, too.

Good luck!
  • nagardner
    nagardner Posts: 6
    25yo college student here! I've been around this site for just over a year. Sadly, I haven't stuck with the the healthy eating habits. Back on to it now... Need to lose 60lbs. Welcome and good luck with finals. One left to go! Bring on summer!
  • Leopardliz
    Leopardliz Posts: 110 Member
    Im 25 waiting for nursing program. Only taking speech right now. Motivated friends are great so if u need help add me!
  • Hi there! I'm 25 and just about to wrap uo my Grad degree, but I'd love to help you out any way I can. = )
This discussion has been closed.