Tragic student food junky

Options
Hello, I'm 5'1, a very short *kitten* and weight a ridiculous amount of 13st. I always plan to start my diet on 'monday' but never actually get round to doing it. Need general support as when sad I head straight to the fridge or cubord! Last year I lost 2 stone though weight watchers but have since then gained quite a lot of Anxiety toward food and regained all the weight, so I chose to plan though a app instead. Not quite sure if it was the correct choice yet...

Replies

• ukaryote
    ukaryote Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    Good start! Never can tell what really works for you until you try it. Planing is always a good idea.
  • 1337pHysiX
    Options
    Don't doubt yourself. You did it once, so this time it'll be easier to lose weight :smiley:

MFP is great. I went hard with my keto diet and lost 10kg in 6 weeks. I'm lucky to have a friend that positively reinforced my progress and would push me so hard when we worked out.

See a physician/doctor. Mine absolutely won't let me drop carbs and will never hesitate to make me eat some juicy pork fat :stuck_out_tongue: In short, they can help you keep your motivation and to make sure your nutrition is okay to keep your mental health in check.

Start replacing your "guilty" foods with stuff YOU KNOW is good for you. Little steps make life a lot easier.

Go for your life! You can do it :smiley:
  • samanthaellis15
    Options
    Thanks! Don't really know where to start regarding exercise, I'm hopeless when it comes to any forms of movement, I don't really know how to get going with it.
  • samanthaellis15
    Options
    1337pHysiX wrote: »
    Don't doubt yourself. You did it once, so this time it'll be easier to lose weight :smiley:

MFP is great. I went hard with my keto diet and lost 10kg in 6 weeks. I'm lucky to have a friend that positively reinforced my progress and would push me so hard when we worked out.

See a physician/doctor. Mine absolutely won't let me drop carbs and will never hesitate to make me eat some juicy pork fat :stuck_out_tongue: In short, they can help you keep your motivation and to make sure your nutrition is okay to keep your mental health in check.

Start replacing your "guilty" foods with stuff YOU KNOW is good for you. Little steps make life a lot easier.

Go for your life! You can do it :smiley:

I love the idea of replacing rubbish food with healthy so I'm still eating as I said I need to eat as soon as I get sad it's ridiculous, I never really though about seeing a doctor regarding my difficulty with food But the idea is appealing to me quite a lot.
  • 1337pHysiX
    Options
    Thanks! Don't really know where to start regarding exercise, I'm hopeless when it comes to any forms of movement, I don't really know how to get going with it.

I sucked too; believe me. I was that "nerdy kid", but funny enough I was a sports captain back in high school. I've done swimming, table tennis, soccer/football, martial arts, and badminton. Each sucked because my body was in a heap of pain for days following. I struggled real bad to do anything meaningful in these sports.

Get the nike running app on your phone. Start with running 500m every second day. Then build it up to every day for 2 weeks. Then go for 1km every second day and etc etc. Once you hit a high milestone, just focus on maintaining that distance and pace. If you feel happy with yourself, you will find any way to do it again.

Btw, you will have days that you absolutely cbf exercising. That's fine, just don't ever put exercise off more than twice.

I've since found rock climbing and I'm loving life <3

• samanthaellis15
    Options
    1337pHysiX wrote: »

I sucked too; believe me. I was that "nerdy kid", but funny enough I was a sports captain back in high school. I've done swimming, table tennis, soccer/football, martial arts, and badminton. Each sucked because my body was in a heap of pain for days following. I struggled real bad to do anything meaningful in these sports.

Get the nike running app on your phone. Start with running 500m every second day. Then build it up to every day for 2 weeks. Then go for 1km every second day and etc etc. Once you hit a high milestone, just focus on maintaining that distance and pace. If you feel happy with yourself, you will find any way to do it again.

Btw, you will have days that you absolutely cbf exercising. That's fine, just don't ever put exercise off more than twice.

I've since found rock climbing and I'm loving life <3

Rock climbing sounds amazing I think the problem I find with running and general exercise is I find it quite boring however I think If I found something interesting such as rock climbing or even net ball witch is something I loved to do as a child I would enjoy working out so much more. I am going to look into a dance work out class with my mum as I love to dance!
    Trying to make my life more interesting and improve it for the better is seeming difficult but I will do it and then I shall also be loving life ❤️

• ukaryote
    ukaryote Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    "as soon as I get sad'

I keep recommending that people search for "dopamine and binge eating behaviors". Not that you have a clinical disorder, it will bring up lots of studies linking food and feelings. Essentially, sugary and fatty foods really do make us feel better for a short time; they cause more dopamine to float around in our systems.
  • samanthaellis15
    Options
    ukaryote wrote: »
    "as soon as I get sad'

I keep recommending that people search for "dopamine and binge eating behaviors". Not that you have a clinical disorder, it will bring up lots of studies linking food and feelings. Essentially, sugary and fatty foods really do make us feel better for a short time; they cause more dopamine to float around in our systems.

I'll look it up thank you