Options
    Congrats!! You are awesome!
  • godswill206
    Options
    Amazing!!!
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    Wowzers, that is an awesome accomplishment ........ keep on truckin', honey !
  • seguravaniar
    Options
    iamuniqueiam has logged in for 365 days in a row!

I can't believe a year has passed since I joined MFP! And I really can't believe I've lost 121 lbs in the past year! I didn't take an official "starting" pic because...well....because I didn't think I would be successful. I figured I'd fail just like every other time I tried to "diet". I do have pics that are about 3 years old that I've been using as a benchmark for comparison. I don't have a lot of pictures of the old me to choose from because I used to avoid the camera of course. In the pictures below I weigh 310 lbs:

0d0sxt76xp2t.jpg

And this is me about 6 months ago:

kskaf8za8lbt.jpg

And this is me today at 189 lbs:

ar69amwvty57.jpg

I'm still a work in progress. I probably have about another 40lbs I'd like to lose (hard to gauge because of excess skin), but I don't really focus on the scale so much anymore. I measure my accomplishments by the distances I can cycle or run, the weights I can lift, and in how energetic and strong I feel each and every day.

Tomorrow I will wake up and embrace day 366...I will continue to eat less than what I used to, move more than what I used to, and most importantly...I will continue to believe that I am capable of accomplishing amazing things when I'm not afraid to try.
    Amazing!!!
    Amazing!!!
    iamuniqueiam has logged in for 365 days in a row!

I can't believe a year has passed since I joined MFP! And I really can't believe I've lost 121 lbs in the past year! I didn't take an official "starting" pic because...well....because I didn't think I would be successful. I figured I'd fail just like every other time I tried to "diet". I do have pics that are about 3 years old that I've been using as a benchmark for comparison. I don't have a lot of pictures of the old me to choose from because I used to avoid the camera of course. In the pictures below I weigh 310 lbs:

0d0sxt76xp2t.jpg

And this is me about 6 months ago:

kskaf8za8lbt.jpg

And this is me today at 189 lbs:

ar69amwvty57.jpg

I'm still a work in progress. I probably have about another 40lbs I'd like to lose (hard to gauge because of excess skin), but I don't really focus on the scale so much anymore. I measure my accomplishments by the distances I can cycle or run, the weights I can lift, and in how energetic and strong I feel each and every day.

Tomorrow I will wake up and embrace day 366...I will continue to eat less than what I used to, move more than what I used to, and most importantly...I will continue to believe that I am capable of accomplishing amazing things when I'm not afraid to try.

• Size8Kate
    Size8Kate Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    So inspiring! Keep the great attitude, too!
  • FitOldMomma
    FitOldMomma Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    How inspiring! I've no doubt you'll reach your ultimate goal, but until then know you look wonderfully healthy (and beautiful) right now. Great accomplishment.
  • the_great_unknown
    the_great_unknown Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Great work. Way to stick with it!
  • GoodLuckTina
    GoodLuckTina Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Awesome. I can feel your smile or happiness. Congrats.
  • Hollywood_Porky
    Hollywood_Porky Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    That is awesome!!! Very inspiring.
  • drefaw
    drefaw Posts: 739
    Options
    GREAT job !!!! you look younger even ....
  • jlmed
    jlmed Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Great job!
  • Kendall2006
    Kendall2006 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    That is amazing. Such a motivational story. I am inspired. Keep going
  • DayofEmily
    DayofEmily Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You've inspired me to take my before picture today! I want to plan on being as successful as you are. Amazing, amazing, amazing job!!
  • lynder64
    lynder64 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Congratulations & wishing you well on your journey!
  • DoNotSpamMe73
    DoNotSpamMe73 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Looking classy and beautiful :D. Good luck on those last few pounds.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    You look SO good, but I bet you feel even better!!! (*)
  • losingles
    losingles Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Yay for you! You look great! Thanks for inspiring me! <3
  • Emi1974
    Emi1974 Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Great determination has payed off :) you look fantastic. I am glad you have changed priorities before it was too late
  • sbrookes9
    sbrookes9 Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Very inspiring! <3
  • gmamary66
    gmamary66 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing, your doing fantastic on your journey
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!