Ketogenic Day 1

Options
hotsungirl
hotsungirl Posts: 107 Member
Between a stupid thyroid, and being 52, my metabolism screeched to a halt.
I just watched my sister lose almost 30 lbs in 12 weeks doing Keto diet. I am motivated!
Glad to have anyone else on a Ketogenic focus add me so we might encourage each other.

Replies

• MessiGardener
    MessiGardener Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I started my Keto diet 12 days ago. I would love to support you. I just got on here yesterday, and have been posting but it doesn't show up when I look for my replies, so I don't know if I will be able to keep up with the posts yet. I'm 63 and am determined to succeed at this!
  • melissawilson21
    melissawilson21 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I am going to restart my keto diet asap.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Good luck! Join one of the low carb groups on here. Lots of support there.
  • hotsungirl
    Options
    hotsungirl wrote: »
    I just watched my sister lose almost 30 lbs in 12 weeks doing Keto diet. I am motivated!
    Glad to have anyone else on a Ketogenic focus add me so we might encourage each other.

your metabolism doesn't stop until your dead.

Yes, I do know that. I guess I could have expressed my frustration with my metabolic changes in Hashimotos and menopause more accurately. ;-)
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options

Yes, I do know that. I guess I could have expressed my frustration with my metabolic changes in Hashimotos and menopause more accurately. ;-)

I understood what you meant. Good luck, and do join the low carb daily forum or another group. There's some seriously knowledgeable low carbers there. Eat your vegetables!
  • hotsungirl
    Options

I understood what you meant. Good luck, and do join the low carb daily forum or another group. There's some seriously knowledgeable low carbers there. Eat your vegetables!

Thanks, Sabine. I did search and joined.
  • chellyb73
    Options
    I'm new to this site. Just started keto yesterday, super excited, and focused on losing 50 lbs by summer.
  • pawprint061
    Options
    I'm starting this also. I have been struggling with my metabolism for awhile and continuing to gain weight. I'm only 29 but my body is already struggling. Getting tested for thyroid and other things soon. My sister got me on it, and she's pretty heavy. She's lost a good amount so far, I can actually tell just by looking at her.
  • shaxnax
    shaxnax Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Ten weeks of keto today and I have lost 32 pounds. The husband has lost 35 :) It is fantastic! Anyone feel free to friend me! It's always nice to be friends with those who have similar plans and goals.
  • MrsVtec
    MrsVtec Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Keto Day 2 for me. I've been gone from MFP long enough to gain quite a bit of weight. After a lot of research, decided that LCHF sounded like the best fit for me. I've tried Paleo in the past, and while I felt good - I gained. So this time I'm tracking to make sure I stay where I need to with my numbers and don't unnecessarily overload on fat or protein. I also suspect hypothyroid issues and am seeing a new doc on the 19th.
  • sun_shine765
    sun_shine765 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    2 and 1/2 weeks in for me. Started using MFP to assist me any way possible. I know for us women we need visual reasurance. So food logging it is! Adjusted my MFP with a add-on so I could manipulate my carbs, fats and proteins by grams. Still for some reason can't add on the pie chart ...