Pork Rinds?

Options
Hi Guys!

So I have been 1 week strong on a solid clean diet and high intensity work out. I have hit the gym 5 times this week and looking to go up to 6 the following. I do have a weakness for chips and decided to buy pork rinds to snack on yesterday. My question is, am I killing my diet? I had about 1.5-2 oz yesterday and the same today. I don't want cheat days at the moment until I get to an ideal weight.

Replies

• mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    It's fine as long as it fits into your calories and you aren't needing to watch your sodium for medical reasons.
  • tibby531
    tibby531 Posts: 717 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    you're not killing your diet if you're keeping your intake in check. work it in if you like it. everything in moderation. :)
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Do they fit your calorie goal? Then you're fine.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    You can eat whatever you want if it's within your calories. I tend to eat mostly nutritious foods with just a little junk now and then, just because I feel better when I'm not eating a lot of crap. But in terms of weight loss, you'll be fine if you just stay within your calorie goal.
  • Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    If you fit them into your calorie goal and you like them, why not? No you aren't killing your diet.
  • jenglish712
    jenglish712 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Look at the package.... what are the calories? I know at the vending machine at work pork rinds are less calories than Sun Chips. As long as you are in a deficit you will continue to lose weight if those calories are spinach or pork rinds.
  • sizesixorbust
    sizesixorbust Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    LOVE PORK SKINS and they are actually a pretty decent snack!!!
  • sumkindapsycho
    Options

you just saved my life! Pork rinds and hot sauce are thee best! In moderation, but at least I don't have to be too ashamed. Thank's for posting that article!
  • quickjeff
    quickjeff Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Wow! Thank you all! Great community! So they definitely fit into my calorie goal. I will attach two snap shots of the nutrition facts. Since I tried one kind yesterday and one today. 8wl4vnh3rljf.jpg
    awtzl63bvlj3.jpg
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Good source of protein, too!
  • jenglish712
    jenglish712 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Pork rinds got a bad rap by the "fat is the devil" mentality.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Looks great :)
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    Ironic how there's 8g of protein per serving, and the label notes "not a significant source of protein." However, there's a milk commercial on TV that touts "milk's a great source of protein--EIGHT GRAMS per 8 oz. glass!" Hmmm...

I say eat up if they fit your plan!
  • quickjeff
    quickjeff Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the feedback everyone! Much appreciated!! :)
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I personally prefer pork rinds over alternatives such as potato chips because I believe they're a much healthier and filling item (aside from their higher sodium), mainly due to their high protein content! Whereas potato chips are fat and carbs, pork rinds are fat and protein. Feel no shame with those delicious snacks! x)
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    Ironic how there's 8g of protein per serving, and the label notes "not a significant source of protein." However, there's a milk commercial on TV that touts "milk's a great source of protein--EIGHT GRAMS per 8 oz. glass!" Hmmm...

I say eat up if they fit your plan!

I agree. One gram of protein per ten calories counts as significant in my book. My Dannon Light and Fit yogurt is only 7 grams of protein per 100 calories.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    I don't get american pork rinds. They're just soulless.

This is a pork rind.

l.jpg
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    Options
    quickjeff wrote: »
    Hi Guys!

So I have been 1 week strong on a solid clean diet and high intensity work out. I have hit the gym 5 times this week and looking to go up to 6 the following. I do have a weakness for chips and decided to buy pork rinds to snack on yesterday. My question is, am I killing my diet? I had about 1.5-2 oz yesterday and the same today. I don't want cheat days at the moment until I get to an ideal weight.

quickjeff they are one of the few snacks I can buy about anywhere I go that fits my low carb high fat macro since they have ZERO carbs and good amount of fat and protein and both do not seem to put fat on me like carbs if over eaten for some reason.