Pork Rinds?

Options
2»

Replies

• Foamroller
    Foamroller Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    I've substituted fried pork rinds from potato chips as my go-to snack. They're more filling and leave me most days satisfied. Actually I eat one small bag every day, but fit it into my overall kcal goal intake.

It's also very handy as an emergency portable snack...like when I'm stranded somewhere and need a source of energy that is NOT from a vending machine. (here they only sell chocolate, candy and chips).

Nuts work too, but they somehow always make me want more...
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    dbmata wrote: »
    I don't get american pork rinds. They're just soulless.

This is a pork rind.

l.jpg

Ah, yes the packaged ones sold in vending machines and in the checkout lane are poor excuses for "treats." Gotta get to an Hispanic market or taqueria and get some fresh chicharrones. Now those are treats.
  • cerad2
    cerad2 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    The labeling on those bags is somewhat interesting. The second one has a serving size of .5 oz but 10 servings per bag. Even 5 oz is not very much. Consuming the entire contents of the bag would give you a nice 800 calories with 2300mg of sodium. I myself would probably not have the will power to just eat a tiny bit.
  • quickjeff
    quickjeff Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    This is all so helpful! Btw even with the pork rinds and my work out. Dropped 3.8 lbs this week. :-) thanks for all the info guys!
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    quickjeff wrote: »
    This is all so helpful! Btw even with the pork rinds and my work out. Dropped 3.8 lbs this week. :-) thanks for all the info guys!
    Of course dude, good stuff.