First gym session since before Christmas

Options
So this is just a bit of a self-indulgent moan/whine

Just finished my first gym session with my PT since about the 19th December. I was on holiday for 2 weeks and did about 4 sessions when I was away

I am so surprised at how quickly I have lost the strength I had and how much it hurt. It wasn't even really all that a tough work out as its my first session back and I have another 5 booked in this week.

I know it will come back fairly quickly but I'm stressing now as I have a 10k obstacle course at the end of the month and I don't feel ready. Plus I have some severe blistering on my feet that is healing up nicely but it means I can't run at the moment. I don't want to damage the fairly delicate healing skin.

Nothing for it but to keep working out over the next 3 weeks and hope for the best but I'm feeling a little flat at the moment which isn't like me after a gym session.

Replies

• yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    I lost strength in one week from not working out.
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,396 Member
    Options
    Isn't it amazing how quickly we lose what we've gained? The good news is, it comes back fairly fast (at least for me) but it is pretty depressing. Good luck with your race!
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    Wait until you get DOMS.

Then you'll know the true price for not working out. lol.
  • yopeeps025
    Options
    dbmata wrote: »
    Wait until you get DOMS.

A week ain't long enough for that. It takes high volume work for DOMS now.
  • jenny3008
    jenny3008 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Yopeeps and cardbucfan Thanks. When your in a flunk its reassuring to know its not just you it happens to.... even if it feels that way at the time :)
    dbmata wrote: »
    Wait until you get DOMS.

I am dreading the DOMS.... I did work out but evidently not enough based on todays performance so they are going to be an absolute killer :(

• tinklemar
    tinklemar Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I am going for my first workout since December today, and am absolutely dreading it!
  • erialcelyob
    erialcelyob Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    My first day back officially too.. I'm scared for tomorrow morning
  • yopeeps025
    Options
    tinklemar wrote: »
    I am going for my first workout since December today, and am absolutely dreading it!

How do you go so long without a workout?
  • jenny3008
    jenny3008 Posts: 97 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    tinklemar wrote: »

Good luck.... I'm very glad mine is over for the day. Front squats in the morning tomorrow then apparently he has a 'special treat' for us at circuits tomorrow night.

I have found that my idea of a treat and my PT's idea of a treat vary by about a galaxy