Progress Photos!

Options
jsecret
jsecret Posts: 606 Member
edited January 2015 in Success Stories
I am actually very embarassed to post these but I'm glad I took them. The before photos are rather old, mostly because I took them with the intent of starting a better lifestyle and then immediately stalled out due to divorce/moving/stress. When I went to take before photos this time I realized there was NO CHANGE so didn't bother taking new ones. So despite being old the before photos are completely accurate.

I also want to reinforce what another post said recently. TAKE BEFORE PHOTOS! I realize they are embarassing, I realize they suck. Just do it anyway, it's worth it - I promise! I don't like others taking photos of me so I set up my phone, took a video of me showing each side, and then screen shot the side for photos - no second person necessary.

Still a long way to go but this is me 75 days or so in... calorie counting (most day), lots of weight lifting, minimal cardio.

b0zH8hv.jpg?1

Also, please excuse the hair. I had been up for two days with sick children lol. Damn flu! And the faces because...well... like I said, it was from a video so I forgot the stop and "Say Cheese" part lol.

Replies

• Maaike84
    Maaike84 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    That's a huge difference and a great loss! Esp for 75 days! Congrats on your awesome progress!
  • jsecret
    Options
    Sorry for the quality - my computer won't connect to internet currently and my phone won't connect to the computer w/o an update. Ugh! So it's a phone shot of a computer screen. Eek!
  • subversive99
    subversive99 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Impressive progress for 75 days! You can really see the difference. Do you mind if I ask how tall you are? My wife is trying to make a similar transition and your story might resonate with her. Also, do you mind sharing what you are eating for a daily calorie goal? Thanks and great work!
  • willnorton
    willnorton Posts: 995 Member
    Options
    wow....great work....HARD WORK does it...huh
  • jpaulie
    jpaulie Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    keep it up and post again! you have made yourself accountable now so we can't wait to see the next update!
  • chesnity3
    chesnity3 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • valgal35
    valgal35 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Awesome work!! :smile:
  • Tikibar72
    Tikibar72 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Outstanding progress! Keep up the great work.
  • Csauskojus
    Csauskojus Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Inspirational! Thanks for sharing your progress! I'm just starting and your story is really encouraging!
  • jsecret
    Options
    I'm 5'3" I am not great about my food yet but I try to keep around 1300 calories, lots of lean meats. I also cycle "normal" eating with a few low cal/high protein days once in a while. LOTS of water - I quit soda, coffee etc. I still drink zero cal energy drinks because I need the caffeine and green or black tea, otherwise all water. I try to keep things in portion, stopped a lot of snacking, and cut down majorly on sweets.
  • sklarbodds
    sklarbodds Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    AWESOME work! You are kicking serious butt (no pun intended)! Keep it up!
  • nickylee76
    nickylee76 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    Wow that is quite the transformation!!!
  • tbt2679
    tbt2679 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    great job!
  • annael25
    annael25 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Whoa, what amazing progress! You look great. :) Excellent job and very inspirational!
  • Rosie5151
    Rosie5151 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Great JOb!!! WTG you look great and awesome progress for a short amount of time! WTG
  • NinjaJinja
    NinjaJinja Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Whoa. That is an incredible difference. I'm 5' 5" and started at 205 lbs too, and now weigh right around 179 lbs and I look almost exactly the same. It is so weird how people carry weight differently!
  • MummyKate85
    MummyKate85 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Wow what a difference! You are doing great, well done!
  • TKDMommy
    TKDMommy Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Wow, amazing progress!! You are an inspiration to me!
  • grandmamere
    grandmamere Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    jsecret wrote: »
    I am actually very embarassed to post these but I'm glad I took them. The before photos are rather old, mostly because I took them with the intent of starting a better lifestyle and then immediately stalled out due to divorce/moving/stress. When I went to take before photos this time I realized there was NO CHANGE so didn't bother taking new ones. So despite being old the before photos are completely accurate.

I also want to reinforce what another post said recently. TAKE BEFORE PHOTOS! I realize they are embarassing, I realize they suck. Just do it anyway, it's worth it - I promise! I don't like others taking photos of me so I set up my phone, took a video of me showing each side, and then screen shot the side for photos - no second person necessary.

Still a long way to go but this is me 75 days or so in... calorie counting (most day), lots of weight lifting, minimal cardio.

b0zH8hv.jpg?1

Also, please excuse the hair. I had been up for two days with sick children lol. Damn flu! And the faces because...well... like I said, it was from a video so I forgot the stop and "Say Cheese" part lol.

I feel the same about before pics. After reading this I put my kindle down & took some before pics via my cell. Haven't a clue how to post them on 12/30/15. That's one year from when I had my ah ha moment. No more excuses! Thank you!
  • _L_A_
    _L_A_ Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    That's such an amazing difference!!! I took some before photos but they didn't turn out good! Wish I'd taken some proper ones now! But I've learnt my lesson and I have just taken some "before" photos as I'm about to start a new weights programme! (I like your method of taking still frames so you don't have to involve others, I'm happy for hubby to take photos of me now, but at the beginning I just did it by myself hence them being poor quality!)

Well done on your amazing transformation! The difference is amazing! If this is only 75 days imagine how you'll look and feel this time next year! :D
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!