Thoughts on Fitbit or Jawbone?

Options
I've been considering buying a Fitbit, Jawbone or something similar. I'm wondering about how useful they really are, and if people have recommendations of one brand over another. Thanks!

Replies

• SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    I've only tried the Fitbit but I love mine. I have the One and I have it linked with MFP. I have MFP set to sedentary and the Fitbit gives me extra calories based on my activity level for the day.
  • healthyeats101
    Options
    I got a Garmin vivofit w/o hr monitor. It's also a watch. I love it. Had the UP Jawbone, hated it, returned it.
  • cheekyraspberry
    cheekyraspberry Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I got a Garmin vivofit w/o hr monitor. It's also a watch. I love it. Had the UP Jawbone, hated it, returned it.

What did you hate about the Jawbone?

• Mishy
    Mishy Posts: 1,551 Member
    Options
    I'm waiting for a Fitbit HRM. I've used a Polar for years. I like it but am ready for something new. And I admit it - Fitbit commercials are cool ;-)
  • CyeRyn
    CyeRyn Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    What do fitbits and such like it do? I've been seeing them in stores and they're pretty pricey but if they help in watching your calories and such I might consider getting one!
  • cheekyraspberry
    cheekyraspberry Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm kind of trying to figure that out too! I can't figure out if it's just a more expensive, glorified heart rate monitor or not. I would love to be able to accurately capture my calorie burn since not all activities are in MFP, and I don't always know how to capture activity. For example, I play in a social kickball league. It certainly isn't as strenuous as regular cardio, but I am moving and don't know how to get a picture of how many calories I'm burning, as few as they may be.