State your recent gym resolutionist story for 2015

Options
JeffseekingV
JeffseekingV Posts: 3,165 Member
Anyone have any interesting experiences? I have a few but the funniest one is this.

It was dead day and I worked up to 315lbs. The bar was sitting there loaded up and I was just resting. One guy comes over (didn't know I was on it), reaches down and grabs the bar and gives it a tiny jerk. Then decides maybe he shouldn't be trying to lift it. haha. I was like, "dude, what are you doing and why are you touching my setup??" Just had to chuckle.

Replies

• JeffseekingV
    Options
    Not sure if it's a resolutionist thing or not but for some odd reason, my jumping rope elicts some stares. Maybe it's my boobs bouncing in my compression shirt.

I was going them (1 min sets) and then some guy on two separate occasions started going "air" jump rope or jumping jacks.
  • JeffseekingV
    Options
    nothing?
  • mrsmartinez99
    mrsmartinez99 Posts: 1,255 Member
    Options
    Ok I got one for you...Two girls were in the 30 minute cardio area, I had headphones in, but could still hear them saying "yeah we have to continue to do this everyday, or every other day. We got this." "Yeah, we will not be like other people and talk about it and not show up"....Never seen them again, and I do go everyday.
  • Lalalindaloo
    Lalalindaloo Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    There was the guy who slid up to me while I was talking to the guys at the front desk to ask if I was new and would I like him to show me around?

The guys at the desk took care of it for me by reminding him that he just joined Tuesday. (This was the first week of the year.) And that considering I was there every day, he might be better off asking me to show him around.
  • Lalalindaloo
    Lalalindaloo Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    *** Other than that any stories I have are about me wanting to bodycheck someone off my preferred treadmill.
  • 530roman
    530roman Posts: 1,819 Member
    Options
    Anyone have any interesting experiences? I have a few but the funniest one is this.

It was dead day and I worked up to 315lbs. The bar was sitting there loaded up and I was just resting. One guy comes over (didn't know I was on it), reaches down and grabs the bar and gives it a tiny jerk. Then decides maybe he shouldn't be trying to lift it. haha. I was like, "dude, what are you doing and why are you touching my setup??" Just had to chuckle.

Hidden brag post?
  • mrsmartinez99
    Options
    530roman wrote: »

Hidden brag post?

Possibly, have you seen his lift video? :o
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    I was taking a rest between my sets for Squats and some guys asked me if I was done with the rack and I said no I had one set let and they proceeded to take my weight off the bar and try to take the olympic bar into the other room. I was like ummmmm still not done.
  • JeffseekingV
    Options

Hidden brag post?

I didn't know 315 was something to brag about.
  • JenniferIsLosingIt
    JenniferIsLosingIt Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I dont have one specific story but nevertheless....I keep getting sucked into helping little old ladies and whatnot with the various machines and equipment and then 20 minutes later Im like what was I doing.....
  • SuperVixen2B
    SuperVixen2B Posts: 218 Member
    Options

Hidden brag post?

At 315 lbs? I don't think so. He was just pointing out that it'd be a bit too heavy to just casually snatch up with one hand.

• _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
    Options
    I showed up to the deadlift area and this wannabe was struggling with 315...when he was done I asked him to leave it all on the bar so I could do my first warmup set.
  • blueeyesgrace
    blueeyesgrace Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    jenjay8045 wrote: »
    I dont have one specific story but nevertheless....I keep getting sucked into helping little old ladies and whatnot with the various machines and equipment and then 20 minutes later Im like what was I doing.....

The little old ladies inevitably end up climbing on a treadmill directly beside me. Even when there are ten other treadmills in the same row available - NOT next to anyone else...
  • mrsmartinez99
    Options
    _John_ wrote: »
    I showed up to the deadlift area and this wannabe was struggling with 315...when he was done I asked him to leave it all on the bar so I could do my first warmup set.

:o
  • JeffseekingV
    Options
    This guy wanted my bar when I was done. I said "go ahead, I'm done with my power cleans"
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    There was the guy who slid up to me while I was talking to the guys at the front desk to ask if I was new and would I like him to show me around?

The guys at the desk took care of it for me by reminding him that he just joined Tuesday. (This was the first week of the year.) And that considering I was there every day, he might be better off asking me to show him around.

Maybe he was trying to find a way to ask you out. But I hear you. "dude i'm hear everyday and i never see YOU." LOL

• 530roman
    530roman Posts: 1,819 Member
    Options

Hidden brag post?

I didn't know 315 was something to brag about.

That's why I asked. IMO, 315 is suitable for bragging. Hopefully, he learned his lesson though.
  • blueeyesgrace
    blueeyesgrace Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I started cross training due to an injury, so today was my first day back on the upright stationary bike in probably 6 months. Had an old guy - who I have never seen there before, get on the one directly beside me. Yep, caught him looking down my tank top anytime I bent over the handlebars on the bike. Magically as soon as I was done, he was done and got on a treadmill beside a young cute girl...
  • JenniferIsLosingIt
    JenniferIsLosingIt Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    jenjay8045 wrote: »

The little old ladies inevitably end up climbing on a treadmill directly beside me. Even when there are ten other treadmills in the same row available - NOT next to anyone else...

Every dang time....hahaha

• JeffseekingV
    Options
    I started cross training due to an injury, so today was my first day back on the upright stationary bike in probably 6 months. Had an old guy - who I have never seen there before, get on the one directly beside me. Yep, caught him looking down my tank top anytime I bent over the handlebars on the bike. Magically as soon as I was done, he was done and got on a treadmill beside a young cute girl...

Creep-a-thon. Dang