Best choices for Nibblers

Options
I love to Nibble all day long rather than eat large meals. What do you think are good healthy things that I can Nibble on through out the day?

Replies

• LilyMammoth
    LilyMammoth Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I've taken to ranch flavored sunflower seeds. Reasonable in calories and takes a long time to snack on all day. Plus it cures my salty food cravings.
  • brumleysamanths
    brumleysamanths Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I like raw vegetables and hummus.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Girls I used to work with used to much on sunflower seeds and edamame.
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    Options
    gum, celery, carrots, rice cake and peanut butter fill me up, strawberries
  • Roxiegirl2008
    Roxiegirl2008 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    I eat veggies...ALL FREAKING DAY! HAAAA Of course I am someone that needs to have the beast fed or I am no good to be around. :D
  • Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Options
    Any foods that fits into your calories and nutrients budget.
  • Jojomotivated
    Jojomotivated Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I'm a nibbler, myself =) I like fresh berries and cheese slices.
  • gingerraema1
    Options
    Oh I love all of these ideas....Keep them coming!!!! It is so nice to have so many comments so that I can change things up a bit.
  • Roxiegirl2008
    Roxiegirl2008 Posts: 756 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Oh I also love the mini baby bell cheese and almonds. Yep, you can see I am a grazer. HA
  • khearron26
    khearron26 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    If you get walnut halves/pieces and salted pumpkin seeds and you bake them on a baking sheet at 375 for 5-10 minutes (watching so they don't burn) something about the taste reminds me of popcorn. I love it!!
  • gingerraema1
    Options
    Such great ideas. So glad I posted this.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Some of these suggestions are high-density. I suggest you pre-package those to make sure you don't go over.

Air-popped popcorn.
    Roasted chickpeas.
  • Pootler74
    Pootler74 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Edamame
    Ham
    Cooked chicken
    Surimi
    Hard boiled eggs
    Blueberries
    Protein bars
    Laughing Cow light
    Cherry tomatoes
    Clementines
    Cereal bars
    Roasted chick peas (recipes online - basically drain a can of garbanzo beans/chick peas, dry, season, roast.)
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    I was a nibbler too. If, a year or even six months ago, you'd told me I could kick the nibbling habit, I would've told you you were crazy and had no idea what you were talking about.

I'm no longer a nibbler.

YMMV but for me, I didn't look for nibble substitutes. I just stopped nibbling. After a few days, I didn't even miss it and I wondered why I made such a big deal of it.
  • SteveMFP123
    SteveMFP123 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I've been nibbling way more than usual lately, I dunno what it is. I think I'm just getting a little sick and tired of weighing my food, eating small meals etc, sometimes you just want to get into bed and graze on something tasty. I guess everyone gets a little bored of dieting after awhile (been about 7 months), I'm sure it'll pass, at least I hope so because I've come way too far to go back to what I was.
  • Holla4mom
    Holla4mom Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    It's nothing wrong per se with nibbling, but for me calories will add up quicker for me and I might be less conscious of it than I am if I stick with my 3 meals and 2 or 3 snacks. Are you eating snacks between meals? I second air popped popcorn. I sprinkle a little parmesan cheese on mine.

sliced bell peppers with hummus or ranch dressing (of course ranch is calorie dense so consider that)
    sliced apples with yogurt
    kale chips (oven cooked with a little sea salt and olive oil, recipes on line)
    I want to try zucchini sticks!