• Trukngrl
    Trukngrl Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    bump
  • desika8787
    desika8787 Posts: 99 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Thanks for sharing it sounds wonderful! especially because I love cauliflower :smiley: I don't have a micro, therefore I hope it also work when I steam it for a couple of minutes in a strainer...
  • KatySW658
    Options
    desika8787 wrote: »
    Thanks for sharing it sounds wonderful! especially because I love cauliflower :smiley: I don't have a micro, therefore I hope it also work when I steam it for a couple of minutes in a strainer...

I think steaming it would work just as well, it's really just to get rid of the water from the cauliflower. Hope it works :D
    Xxx
  • desika8787
    Options
    KatySW658 wrote: »

I think steaming it would work just as well, it's really just to get rid of the water from the cauliflower. Hope it works :D
    Xxx

I'll post the steaming result :smile:
  • cheeftaylor
    cheeftaylor Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I've seen this recipe too and have wondered whether it was any good - I have confirmation, thanks! I shall try it out tomorrow......
  • LazyNightOwl
    LazyNightOwl Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    KatySW658 wrote: »

Xxx

I'll post the steaming result :smile:

I read the comments on the link as I have been microwave free for a little over a year and wanted to try this recipe myself. There was a comment (yay!) from a woman who steamed her and it added too much water; she couldn't get it dry enough to work. The author replied suggesting to blend the cauliflower first then place it in a deep dish and cover in the over for 10-15 minutes.
  • KatySW658
    Options
    Xxx[/quote]

I'll post the steaming result :smile: [/quote]

I read the comments on the link as I have been microwave free for a little over a year and wanted to try this recipe myself. There was a comment (yay!) from a woman who steamed her and it added too much water; she couldn't get it dry enough to work. The author replied suggesting to blend the cauliflower first then place it in a deep dish and cover in the over for 10-15 minutes.[/quote]

It might be worth trying to place the cauliflower in a bowl and over a pan with boiled water just to heat up the cauliflower...see if that helps. Thanks for the advice, I never thought but I suppose the idea is to get rid of water...not add it in. xxx
  • desika8787
    Options
    kuuipo83jen and KatySW658 thanks a lot for your advice! :blush: I'll try the idea with the heating up in a "double bowl" :smile:
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    I love, love, love pizza, especially with good crust, so I won't ever replace that. However, I also love cauliflower and have been curious about trying this, more as a way to get more cauliflower onto my plate than a way to get less real pizza!
  • KatySW658
    Options
    Velum_cado wrote: »
    I love, love, love pizza, especially with good crust, so I won't ever replace that. However, I also love cauliflower and have been curious about trying this, more as a way to get more cauliflower onto my plate than a way to get less real pizza!

Everything is worth a try...you might really like it! And if you don't, then at least you will know and will have tried. I find it tasty but it might not be for everyone. It will never replace a proper pizza dough, but its a good alternative. xxx
  • Soggynode
    Soggynode Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing this recipe and the link. My wife and youngest daughter need to eat a gluten free diet so regular wheat based pizza crust is not an option for us. I do make GF pizza crust and can buy crusts and pre-made GF pizza's at regular grocery stores but anything that helps add variety to our diet helps. Thanks again.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    You'll get a lot of flack on here about it, but it's damned good. It's great if you're wanting a more nutrient dense meal, and it's damned tasty. I started to make a whole wheat crust the other day and hubs requested this instead.
  • jnv7594
    jnv7594 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    I've wanted to try this for a while, but just haven't done it. I eat pizza all the time. One of my favorite foods. :) But I just wanted to try this for the sake of trying it because it sounds interesting. I'm always up for new recipes. I've heard that the trick is making sure you get as much water out of the cauliflower as possible. You pack it in a cheese cloth and squeeze, squeeze, squeeze until it's as dry as possible.
  • FarmallMom71
    FarmallMom71 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I use giant mushroom caps for pizza's too... so if you like shrooms, its worth a try! I also found that recipe on pinterest. Be sure you use a pan with an edge because it does get watery... but it's sooooo gooood!
  • Blnav
    Blnav Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have made this for my family last week some time,YUMMY!! Greatest part was when I served it to my family and they agreed " something" was " different" just didn't know "what" hahaha thought I went and bought a thin crust pizza..lol Iloved it!! DDon't think we're going back to dough for a good long time, as long as I have cauliflower on hand. That's really saying a lot since we're from ChiTown and ahem love our deep dish!..lol ty for sharing!
  • into_fitness
    into_fitness Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I tried this one time and was so excited to make it! But unfortunately it came out mushy... didn't hold together that well and cook through!! :(
  • MrsBailey149
    MrsBailey149 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ErinK09
    ErinK09 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Looks like it was good! I love all kinds of pizza. <3
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    There's a bigger problem if eating makes you feel guilty!

I disagree. Certainly if eating anything makes you feel guilty, but feeling guilty after eating something high calorie is not necessarily a sign of a problem.

I often feel guilty after eating pizza, especially if it's a calorie bomb of a pizza. Not guilty enough to never do it again ;) , but guilty enough to not do it too often.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    YeahNoThanks.gif

I'd rather eat real pizza that fits into my goals, guilt-free. Pizza's not bad or naughty, only too much of it is! I'd rather save the cauliflower for actual cauliflower.