Pissed off Fat lady..

Options

Replies

• samanthabache
    Options
    Well I wanted to say add me, and then you posted Misha, so now I'm going to try to figure out how to add you. I am also an all-or-nothing person, and I'd lost almost 50 lbs a few years ago and gained it all back PLUS another 20, and I'm pissed and fed up!! LET'S GET PISSED!!!

P.S. I used the picture of myself that I did because it was sort of my "wakeup" - like HOLY CRAP, that blob thing is NOT what I look like in my head. No bueno.

Just tried to add you and MFP says my friend request couldn't be sent. Grrrr
  • samanthabache
    Options
    Damn thing isn't letting me send friend requests - maybe it's because I'm on my phone. Anyway, if you'll kick my *kitten* and threaten to staple my mouth shut please add me. :)
  • molissep
    molissep Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    I've never been so happy to see so many pissed off ppl! More than happy to be pissed off together. I'm over wasting time working out only to screw it up. Tough love is the way to go!
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    Food police doesn't work for me. What if I worked out an extra half hour and adjusted my calories specifically so I COULD have that chocolate bar I've been thinking about for the last two days?

This! I did drink a 294 calorie craft beer last night, but I had the calories for it! In fact, I still had 300 left when I went to bed. I guess I'm more of a benign neglect type of friend....
  • jmauerhan
    jmauerhan Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Food police doesn't work for me. What if I worked out an extra half hour and adjusted my calories specifically so I COULD have that chocolate bar I've been thinking about for the last two days?

Then your calories would still be below your goal. When you log your food for the day, MFP will say "So and so was below their goal" or just "so and so logged their food" if you went over.
  • AmandaMeigs2014
    Options
    I want in, I am as pissed off as they come. I need help, I am not only a pissed off fat person, I am a pissed off addict.....I am addicted to food and soda and I need help.....
  • jbeth2292
    jbeth2292 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Add me!! I definitely could use some tough love motivation!
  • 0somuchbetter0
    0somuchbetter0 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    jmauerhan wrote: »

Then your calories would still be below your goal. When you log your food for the day, MFP will say "So and so was below their goal" or just "so and so logged their food" if you went over.

LOL I know that. I'm talking about some of the people on this thread. From the sound of it, they'd come over, knock the chocolate bar out of my hand, and yell at me. No thanks!
  • yowla
    yowla Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I am totally with you. If I eat like crap all my friends are like. Well done staying under your calorie goal. Well yeah if I ate 1200 calories in twinkies. No really I don't like twinkies. I like junk and pop though so I need you all to come kick my *kitten* as I will do the same.
  • jmauerhan
    jmauerhan Posts: 82 Member
    Options

LOL I know that. I'm talking about some of the people on this thread. From the sound of it, they'd come over, knock the chocolate bar out of my hand, and yell at me. No thanks!

So, you posted here to say you were not interested in what the OP was proposing? That's...weird.
  • 0somuchbetter0
    0somuchbetter0 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options

So, you posted here to say you were not interested in what the OP was proposing? That's...weird.

Yes, yes I did. I'm sorry you think it's weird. I was just offering a different perspective from "you can't eat that! that's bad!" If it's too weird for you, just ignore me. I'm sure it's not very difficult. :)
  • jessicadunn91
    Options
    I agree!! That is exactly what I need especially when I go out. I tell my friends to not be ok with a fast food run after a night drinking and when we do they all just shake it off and I'm over here like no it's not ok!!!
  • TwistedFlowers
    Options
    All you angry people are super awesome - let's kick *kitten* together.
    JSY4jou.gif
  • shannlou479
    shannlou479 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Love this! Add me please could also do with motivation haha
  • TwistedFlowers
    Options
    ^added you!
  • Just joined my fitness pal and super angry I wasted most of my "young hott 20 something years" being a fatty. I want redemption so that my 30s can be my young hott years!!!! Fight on!
  • kelb13
    kelb13 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi there, would love it if you could all add me as my friends go for the lovely approach of "you look fine as you are"... That's great and all but I certainly don't feel it! Want to lose around 2 stone but staying motivated is extremely hard!
  • lisaab27
    lisaab27 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Lisa. I am starting a diet again because I screwed up. I have type 2 diabetes and high blood pressure and I damaged my heart from my crummy diet. I even had to start taking insulin a few years ago even though I am a type 2diabetic which usually doesn't have to take insulin. Back then I was taking 2 blood pressure pills a day and heart medicine for irregular heart beat caused by the damage my heart suffered. Back then I weighed 327 lbs. and after being rushed to the ER, I vowed to eat healthy and I lost 130 lbs. I started swimming laps at my local outdoor pool (I am a crummy swimmer but I found that I enjoyed it and it didn't matter how slow I go, I didn't care), and I got off insulin. In the winter I was walking, only a mile a day, but it's hilly around my house and my blood pressure was great and the doctor cut my medicine down to only 1/2 pill a day. I broke the 200 lb. mark and I felt good. Then I hurt my knee again and went to PT. (Walking is still more difficult.) I still watched my diet but I decided not to continue to be as strict, I was going to "maintain" for awhile. I still had weight to lose but I wanted a little break from the discipline. Then I started getting sick, my BP was climbing so I cut back on salt really strong and it came back down. In the summer I started swimming again and then I could eat more carbs and burn them off,still eating smaller portions, lower salt, lower carb. I just indulged myself on weekends but compared to how I used to eat, I thought I was doing great and I was still swimming. I started slipping gradually over these 18 months. Constant knee problems made it hard to walk and though I still watch my salt I did allow more carbs into my diet. Right now, I haven't swam since the summer. Anyway, I had vowed I was not going to allow myself to regain all my weight back so here I am. I weighed myself yesterday and I have gained back almost 50 lbs over the last 2 years! I thought I gained back about 25. How we live in denial! I almost hit the floor. So here I am back in the saddle, "no more excuses". The diet I followed last time was a medical diet, it is a diabetic diet to help control my sugars. So I count carbs, not calories. Most diabetics can have a bit more protein then I can on this diet, because it is also to lose weight. I must eat 5 meals a day: breakfast, lunch, snack, dinner, snack. The meals are only 45 carbs at breakfast, lunch and dinner, plus 2 ounces protein at lunch, 3 ounces protein at dinner. Snacks are only 15 carbs allowed. I have to measure everything. I have a little scale and I have some measuring cups that I use. If you eyeball it, you will give yourself more. It is a 1800 calorie diet, if you count calories. One of the ways I messed up is that I started allowing myself to go out to eat on the weekends. Good on diet all week, go out to eat on Sunday after church. Then it was Saturday and Sunday. When I was losing weight the first time I didn't go out to eat very often. And when I did, I cut my portions in half before I took my first bite. I had stopped doing that also. Anyway, to help me kick off my diet again, I told my husband no going out to eat for at least 3 months (New Year's resolution). It's hardest the first few weekends. I've been planning special meals for the weekend, so my husband and daughter don't feel cheated. At least I hope they don't. So right now I'm trying to figure out how to work the myfitnessplan stuff. I can only have 3 ounces of protein at dinner, but the diary has lowest amount as 4 ounces. Is there a way of changing that? I kept a food diary in a notebook when I lost weight last time, but my husband bought me a Fitbit and it links to myfitnesspal and he thinks this will be better so I'm going to give it a go. (Fitbit won't let you count carbs while myfitnesspal will.) I'm hoping that having friends who understand what I'm trying to do, will help. Before, there were many times I felt very alone. People who don't have food issues really cannot understand.
  • TwistedFlowers
    Options
    Hi I'm Lisa. I am starting a diet again because I screwed up. I have type 2 diabetes and high blood pressure and I damaged my heart from my crummy diet. I even had to start taking insulin a few years ago even though I am a type 2diabetic which usually doesn't have to take insulin. Back then I was taking 2 blood pressure pills a day and heart medicine for irregular heart beat caused by the damage my heart suffered. Back then I weighed 327 lbs. and after being rushed to the ER, I vowed to eat healthy and I lost 130 lbs. I started swimming laps at my local outdoor pool (I am a crummy swimmer but I found that I enjoyed it and it didn't matter how slow I go, I didn't care), and I got off insulin. In the winter I was walking, only a mile a day, but it's hilly around my house and my blood pressure was great and the doctor cut my medicine down to only 1/2 pill a day. I broke the 200 lb. mark and I felt good. Then I hurt my knee again and went to PT. (Walking is still more difficult.) I still watched my diet but I decided not to continue to be as strict, I was going to "maintain" for awhile. I still had weight to lose but I wanted a little break from the discipline. Then I started getting sick, my BP was climbing so I cut back on salt really strong and it came back down. In the summer I started swimming again and then I could eat more carbs and burn them off,still eating smaller portions, lower salt, lower carb. I just indulged myself on weekends but compared to how I used to eat, I thought I was doing great and I was still swimming. I started slipping gradually over these 18 months. Constant knee problems made it hard to walk and though I still watch my salt I did allow more carbs into my diet. Right now, I haven't swam since the summer. Anyway, I had vowed I was not going to allow myself to regain all my weight back so here I am. I weighed myself yesterday and I have gained back almost 50 lbs over the last 2 years! I thought I gained back about 25. How we live in denial! I almost hit the floor. So here I am back in the saddle, "no more excuses". The diet I followed last time was a medical diet, it is a diabetic diet to help control my sugars. So I count carbs, not calories. Most diabetics can have a bit more protein then I can on this diet, because it is also to lose weight. I must eat 5 meals a day: breakfast, lunch, snack, dinner, snack. The meals are only 45 carbs at breakfast, lunch and dinner, plus 2 ounces protein at lunch, 3 ounces protein at dinner. Snacks are only 15 carbs allowed. I have to measure everything. I have a little scale and I have some measuring cups that I use. If you eyeball it, you will give yourself more. It is a 1800 calorie diet, if you count calories. One of the ways I messed up is that I started allowing myself to go out to eat on the weekends. Good on diet all week, go out to eat on Sunday after church. Then it was Saturday and Sunday. When I was losing weight the first time I didn't go out to eat very often. And when I did, I cut my portions in half before I took my first bite. I had stopped doing that also. Anyway, to help me kick off my diet again, I told my husband no going out to eat for at least 3 months (New Year's resolution). It's hardest the first few weekends. I've been planning special meals for the weekend, so my husband and daughter don't feel cheated. At least I hope they don't. So right now I'm trying to figure out how to work the myfitnessplan stuff. I can only have 3 ounces of protein at dinner, but the diary has lowest amount as 4 ounces. Is there a way of changing that? I kept a food diary in a notebook when I lost weight last time, but my husband bought me a Fitbit and it links to myfitnesspal and he thinks this will be better so I'm going to give it a go. (Fitbit won't let you count carbs while myfitnesspal will.) I'm hoping that having friends who understand what I'm trying to do, will help. Before, there were many times I felt very alone. People who don't have food issues really cannot understand.

...Did you mean to start your own thread? Because holy *kitten* balls lady. Just grab some friends, stop the whining, and get to it!
    tumblr_inline_nh1lqoPi2h1s0u9u5.gif

• Bjeanne22
    Bjeanne22 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel. I've been trying to lose weight for 2 months now but I just seem to be stuck in the same stupid weight. I'm supposed to be out boating with friends today but felt so gross in a bikini I'm still at home. I'm missing out on life because of my weight. I need to lose 30 pounds.