Repeat offender here!

Options
Guess who's back, back again. Kath is back tell a friend!

Haha! Jokes aside I'm making myself accountable, its 3 years since I started MFP and initially I did great. I lost fairly consistently, exercised regularly and even posted progress pics (which was a huge deal for me like many others)
All that progress has gone to pot and worse! I am heavier than when I started and feeling really crappy, emotionally and physically :\
So I'm here to say I'm back and 2015 is gonna be the year I take my life back! I have around 80lbs to lose and would love to have support and motivation along the way. So any friend requests are welcome :)
I'm gonna be tracking my food and exercise. I have already started back at Zumba and will be starting Piyo and TurboFire again soon but I'm gonna take it steady as I have Fibromyalgia and disk degeneration in my lower back so want to get back into it slowly so my body can adjust.

Thanks for ready my long *kitten* thread lol!

Kath x

Replies

• cal0rina
    cal0rina Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    repeat offender! love it, me too!
    well done for getting back on this crazy horse x
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    Options
    Kath best wishes for this time around. At my age and doing the yo yo thing so many times I have decided to stop trying to lose weight but change my eating life style so weight is not my focus but that good health is my focus. On top of autoimmune condition the doctor found my Vitamin D3 level to be too low for good health so I am working on that since it needs to be up to help the body to get better from what I can read. Google - Fibromyalgia Vitamin D3 - and see what the research may say in your case. Because of bone damage I am just walking and doing some morning range of motion stuff and trying to keep active the best I can.

Yo yo eating lifestyle is a killer on the old body I know and it needed to stop in my case. Now when I lose 5-10 pounds I try to learn how to do maintenance at that new low point for a month or two before losing more. From my research it seems most all of people who can lose a pound a week for a year will regain it all back if not more within the next 1-5 years. I have done that over and over and have the damage to slow for doing so.

Spring will be here soon and weight loss is easier when I am inside the house only to sleep. :)
  • upforthecount
    upforthecount Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Kath, you are definitely on the right track (ease back into your exercise slowly).
    Remember that you are changing your lifestyle - there is no going back to old habits, ever, unless you want to do the yo-yo thing. Best wishes for success.
  • Milynne
    Milynne Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Same for me, repeat offender! I started my new healthy lifestyle Jan. 1, 2015 (just like millions of others!) but this time around I hung up a huge poster board in front of my treadmill which sits in the living room so every time I walk into the kitchen I have to pass it by! Looking at those numbers while I run/walk on the treadmill and each time I head in for a snack, I stop and think "yep, I can do this!"

I've already ripped off the 5 pounds lost sticky note and am going to rip off every little one until I reach that 75 lbs lost, darnit!

I also made myself a motivational binder that I've been writing in and adding exercise tips and recipes. I don't look at it every day but on those days I need a little bit more motivation or need to remind myself why I'm doing this, I pull it out and add to it.

It's something I haven't tried in the past, so hopefully it's what keeps me on track instead of quitting after the first few months or so as I have in the past!

We got this!
  • KathPearce
    KathPearce Posts: 146 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Thanks for the responses.....Milynne I am totally pinching the stickies idea! They are going on my fridge for sure :)

I am glad to say that day one has been very good, although I've found it impossible to hit my calorie target.....how ironic! LOL!
  • GeorgieKay2013
    GeorgieKay2013 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    My advice. Just coming and going back back is not enough. Read a few books on the topic of habits. Like a good one I remember is the" Power of habit". In order to create a healthy lifestyle you will need that knowledge. Also you will need some knowledge on mental strength for when you go off track for too long to have the power to come back on it quickly enough so it's not all lost....

Because even if you go off track for 2 weeks is not a disaster. Disaster is when you go off track for 2 weeks and then you can't come back to the routine and you give up.

Meditation- learn to control your mind,your focus , your emotions.
    -
    That's how you gonna overcome the yo yo effect and trying to loose weight will be a distant memory.
  • cricketannie
    cricketannie Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I'm a repeat offender, too!! I spent so much time and effort losing weight and becoming healthier, but then lost track of it all and gained weight back. I've started back and have already lost a couple pounds. Good luck!!!
  • Mickers36
    Mickers36 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Ah me toooooo! Repeat offender! :neutral_face: I need to lose 60. Booooo. Anyone please feel free to add me :smiley: would love some people to help support me....and kick my butt when I'm being lazy ;)
  • goalss4nika
    goalss4nika Posts: 529 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    :| Ahhhhh, same here! It's such a painful process. I lost 53 pounds last year and after vacation in august, I just said forget it. Today, I start again and I am more hopeful. You can do this! Prove the fat devil WRONG!!!