losing weight for my wedding!

Options
Hi. I'm looking for any advise for a healthy weight loss!

Replies

• agratzy
    agratzy Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Cut out alcohol and soda. Easiest way to aid you in reaching your calorie deficit!
  • amw1919
    amw1919 Posts: 74 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Drink a ton of water. Helps curb the appetite if you're a snacker like me. :smile: Also planning my wedding
  • sophielumley96
    Options
    Hey. Thanks guys! Will try this!! X
  • Linnaea27
    Linnaea27 Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    Hi! Check out this excellent post (read the original post on page 1): http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

That contains most of the keys to using MFP successfully, in my opinion. :)

Don't try to lose weight too fast (hopefully someone else will come along with the ideal weight loss amount per week info, because I can't remember and can't seem to find it). And don't radically cut out whole food groups or types of food you like-- just eat less of them. That will result in a much more sustainable lifestyle change-type diet. Going gluten-free or dairy-free or added-sugar-free or ultra-low-carb may produce a quick weight loss initially, but those diets are generally very hard to stick to and don't allow you to learn how to eat your normal foods in a way that will let you lose weight and maintain that weight loss in the long run.

Good luck and welcome!