Plexus and Weight Loss?

Options
A lot of my family has started Plexus, and I just ordered as well. I plan to not only incorporate the products (slim, BioCleanse, and ProBio5) into my day, but also count calories with MFP, begin to meal plan so I have a better control of my eating habits (I work in an office and am constantly skipping breakfast/lunch due to lack of time and I know how bad that can be), and exercise more. My biggest issue has always been food. I have a sweet and salty tooth, I snack for boredom, and I'm an emotional eater (i.e. I had a really rough night with bad news about a parent and went straight to the cookies, and didn't think about consequences until 4 cookies in..yikes). Basically, I want to hear good and bad stories about Plexus, about how you incorporated it into your life.. I don't sell it and never will, because I have no desire. I just wanted to try the thing that has helped those in my family shed the pounds. Any help on emotional eating, meal prepping, etc. is more than welcome!

Replies

• Phoenix_Down
    Phoenix_Down Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    1. I wouldn't waste my money on snake oil.
    2. Definitely calorie count meticulously, it will greatly benefit you
    3. Not eating breakfast or lunch isn't inherently bad, it's total calorie intake that matters

Read this :)

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I used plexus for 5mths. The only thing I lost was $$$$$$.
    People automatically start eating healthier when they start using these magic pills and potions. And then credit the wonder drug for their weight loss.
    Plexus is utter garbage. It's just another mlm taking advantage of overweight desperate people :(
  • NotJustVictoria
    NotJustVictoria Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm definitely an overweight desperate person, ha, so that could be why I decided to try it out. I knew just doing it alone wouldn't do anything for me, but I didn't know if I did it AND everything else if it would help even more. I'm sure, though, if I cut it from my weight loss program, I would still lose weight.. just wanted to know if anyone had any experiences.
  • sportyredhead01
    sportyredhead01 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    I've never used the stuff but I highly recommend a food scale if you're serious about losing weight. Now THAT really makes you realize what you're eating more than a pill.

Good luck and may you find the solution that works for you.
  • Zx14chick
    Zx14chick Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I agree with the comments about counting calories and using a food scale! However, I understand the desperation and since you already bought it, go ahead and use it and see how you feel. A friend of mine and his wife have been using it and have lost a lot of weight. Good luck either way!
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Waste of money and provides no benefit over a balanced diet that you can accomplish on your own.

That being said, I don't think it would harm anyone either so if you like placebo effects and it makes you feel "better" about losing weight, go for it.
  • DrewInPR
    DrewInPR Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I know several people that have used Plexus and lost weight. I know several people that use Advocare products and have lost weight. The key to losing weight is calorie deficit, but supplements like Plexus can (can) help you get there faster. They are supplements, you have to remember that. The key is exercise and more importantly diet. But a good appetite suppressant can help do the trick when you know you have to and need to lose weight.

There are no happy magic pills. If you want to lose weight, you have to work for it. It's hard, and every bit of help, in my opinion, is more than welcomed.
  • NotJustVictoria
    NotJustVictoria Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for all the different responses. I think I'll stick it out a couple of months and see.. I do like that I drink that instead of coffee in the morning (I like a lot of cream and sugar in my coffee). I think it is like a placebo effect to an extent.. Glad I have a good MFP family that keeps me accountable to the rest of the stuff going in my body too!