Keeping the weight off

Options
I've lost a total of 30 lbs in the last year but I tend to regain it back and lose it again. What do you guys do to keep it off and lose additional weight. Sometime it feels like I'm never gonna lose more than 30 lbs

Replies

• Phoenix_Down
    Phoenix_Down Posts: 530 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Question: did you stop counting and return to old habits when you hit goal?

I am not one to advocate continued use of calorie counting for eternity for everyone but there still has to be accountability and you have to adjust your intake for your new body. Weighing less means your calories to maintain will be less then before weight loss.
  • dany956
    dany956 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I kept using MFP but sometimes I would just not input my foods in, I would get lazy, I still go to the gym but again sometimes I get lazy. I tend to focus on it and give it the most attention to losing more weight but other things come up. And I see that people also get busy and yet they keep focused on their health. What goes thru people's minds to keep that dedication.
  • Grace_Perfetto
    Options
    For me it was all about having a plan in place for an extended amount of time! I follow a workout schedule and have a pretty basic meal plan. What type of workouts do you like doing?
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Work out what your maintenance calories are, and stick to that
  • dany956
    dany956 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    For me it was all about having a plan in place for an extended amount of time! I follow a workout schedule and have a pretty basic meal plan. What type of workouts do you like doing?

Cardio, I love running. I also lift weights. What's your meal plan if you don't mind sharing it.
  • dopeysmelly
    dopeysmelly Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    Come over to the Maintenance forum.. Lots of ideas and support there.

I've switched my goals to more fitness related (amount of cardio per day, specific weights I pull/push/lift) as well as hitting my macros rather than just a calorie target or a number on a scale. Plus, I just have to continue the same habits I had while losing (weighing myself daily, weighing and logging my food daily and pre-logging my meals for each day either the evening before or first thing in the morning). I found what worked for me to lose and kept those.

It sounds like switching up your workouts and maybe making your daily logging easier (have a few basic meals you switch around on a regular basis) might work, perhaps? For example, 9 times out of 10 I have more or less the same breakfast and lunch too, with minor variations. That's pretty easy to log.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    Work out what your maintenance calories are, and stick to that

^^ this! Otherwise you'll gain. You have to keep up the good habits you made when losing weight.