from walking to jogging just 21 minutes challenge

Options
Is there anyone out there interested in walking and jogging? In experiment before cancelling my weight watchers I was contemplating between fatsecret, spark and MFP. In the fatsecret forum I found a challenge which states as follow:

all need is 21 minutes of your time 3 times a week.

Week 1: walk for 6 mins and jog for 1 min
Week 2: walk for 5 mins and jog for 2 min
Week 3: walk for 4 mins and jog for 3 mins
Week 4: walk for 3 mins and jog for 4 mins
Week 5: Walk for 2 mins and jog for 5 mins
Week 6: walk for 1 mins and jog for 6 mins
Week 7 jog for the full 21 minutes

Anyone Interested?

Let's start week 1 Next week!!!!:flowerforyou:

Replies

• lgav23
    lgav23 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'll give it a try :smile:
  • Lisa076
    Lisa076 Posts: 78
    Options
    I will give it a try...I LOVE walking and I do it as much as I can, I can't tell you the last time I jogged (other then on the spot).
  • livingnow28
    livingnow28 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I'm in :)
  • Cmccracken1
    Cmccracken1 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    try googling the c25k program it is very similar and will take you from being a couch potatoe to being able to run 3 miles in about 3 months... it is a week by week program. you can repeat any week that you think you need more time at. I did the whole 9 week program but stretched it out to 12 weeks. i have lost 40 lbs so far and i never did any excersize before starting. i know run 4 miles at least 3 times per week. it is also on Blackberry, driod and iphone aps.
    good luck.
  • Nic0522
    Nic0522 Posts: 38
    Options
    bump!
  • doliveresti
    doliveresti Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    what does bump means?
  • susanjackson66
    susanjackson66 Posts: 696 Member
    Options
    I'm in. Bump saves it to that persons My Topics page, so they dont have to look for it again.
  • malibootie
    malibootie Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    I will totally do this! I have tried C25K a few times and always stall out around week 3 or 4. Maybe using a different method will give me a push past the plateau.
  • doliveresti
    doliveresti Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I guess we should all condition ourselves now. If you haven't already start walking at a speed of 3.3 to 3.5 depending on how wide your strides are.... so that we will be set for Monday! We can all do this ladies!!!