Has anyone tried advocare?

Options
I have recently stumbled across advocare and heard great things. Has anyone here tried it and had success?

Replies

• williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    Do you hear "great things" from people with a vested interest in it (aka someone making $$/a salesperson or "coach" or "consultant" or whatever they call themselves)? You can do all the things that are promised (fitness, weight loss, etc.) by yourself, for free.
  • dawnna76
    dawnna76 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    ^^^^this
  • Jessica232015
    Options
    I have a Facebook friend who did it and had great results. And yes I absolutely agree with you but it also helps to lose weight when you are getting enough vitamins and proteins in your system. That's why I asked lol cause it sounds like it could give results. But then again everyone thought garçinia combogia was a God send.
  • Aemely
    Aemely Posts: 694 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Nope. We're not buying what your Facebook friend is selling. We can lose weight without pyramid schemes or scams! :p

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AdvoCare#Controversy

http://advocare.pissedconsumer.com/

http://www.amazon.com/AdvoCare-Advocare-24-Day-Challenge/dp/B007R6ZUFU (note 27 1-star reviews, some with serious medical consequences)
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    You can get all the vitamins and protein you need from food. If you're concerned, a simple multi-vitamin and some extra chicken, Greek yogurt, or a store-bought protein powder will fill in the gaps.

And not everyone thought garcia cambodia (purposefully misspelled, don't need this to attract pill poppers) was a godsend. I sure didn't. Not for a second.
  • BodyByButter
    BodyByButter Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Aemely wrote: »
    Nope. We're not buying what your Facebook friend is selling. We can lose weight without pyramid schemes or scams! :p

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AdvoCare#Controversy

http://advocare.pissedconsumer.com/

http://www.amazon.com/AdvoCare-Advocare-24-Day-Challenge/dp/B007R6ZUFU (note 27 1-star reviews, some with serious medical consequences)

Wow, interesting read!

• myheartsabattleground
    myheartsabattleground Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    no.
  • Phoenix_Down
    Phoenix_Down Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    2l6q8k.gif
  • Jessica232015
    Options
    Thanks Aemely for the link! I will def do some research :)
  • Phoenix_Down
    Options
    You can get all the vitamins and protein you need from food. If you're concerned, a simple multi-vitamin and some extra chicken, Greek yogurt, or a store-bought protein powder will fill in the gaps.

And not everyone thought garcia cambodia (purposefully misspelled, don't need this to attract pill poppers) was a godsend. I sure didn't. Not for a second.

^this and ya, I never for once believed in the magic of garcinia cambodia or raspberry ketones, for that matter
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    OP if you send me 19.99 for the next 36 months I will give you the secret to weight loss…

well hell, I will give it to you now.

eat less than you burn ….yup thats it..you don't need some fancy pyramid scheme to lose weight..

just use MFP to track calories and eat in a deficit...
  • neveragain84
    neveragain84 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Save your money. There are no pills that beat good ol' fashioned exercise and eating healthy.
  • RaineDenise2
    RaineDenise2 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    First I want to start off saying that I am NOT an Advocare Advisor/Distributor/Etc...but I am currently doing the 24 day challenge and I am on day 6....(I am down 6 lbs already - weighed myself this morning)! So it definitely works....but I agree it is something that you can do on your own....I just needed a jump start so I am doing the cleanse so I could start the year off clean...but after the 24 days I will continue to eat right and exercise and I won't be using any products (except maybe their energy drinks but that is only because they taste really good and I like to drink them before working out).

Hope I helped!
  • ndj1979
    Options
    First I want to start off saying that I am NOT an Advocare Advisor/Distributor/Etc...but I am currently doing the 24 day challenge and I am on day 6....(I am down 6 lbs already - weighed myself this morning)! So it definitely works....but I agree it is something that you can do on your own....I just needed a jump start so I am doing the cleanse so I could start the year off clean...but after the 24 days I will continue to eat right and exercise and I won't be using any products (except maybe their energy drinks but that is only because they taste really good and I like to drink them before working out).

Hope I helped!

*facepalm*
  • JoanaMHill
    JoanaMHill Posts: 265 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options

^this and ya, I never for once believed in the magic of garcinia cambodia or raspberry ketones, for that matter

I thought they might finally not be a thing anymore, but when I was looking at real supplements that actually help you in your vitamin and mineral needs, there both of them were...

Edit: and can't forget green coffee bean extract.
  • Jessica232015
    Options
    Thank you guys for your input! Wow RaineDenise2 that's awesome results congrats!
  • Phoenix_Down
    Options
    JoanaMHill wrote: »

I thought they might finally not be a thing anymore, but when I was looking at real supplements that actually help you in your vitamin and mineral needs, there both of them were...

Edit: and can't forget green coffee bean extract.

Oh yes! How could we forget :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

29zbnnb.gif
  • RaineDenise2
    RaineDenise2 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys for your input! Wow RaineDenise2 that's awesome results congrats!

Thanks girl!

• ilovemypeekapug
    ilovemypeekapug Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I tried the advocare 24 day challenge a year ago.... spent a few hundred dollars. It did not work for me. The supplements caused me to have a weird reaction...itching/ flushing of my face. It did not curb my appetite. After buying into the scam and paying a fee to be a distributor so I could get a discount, I learned a lesson. Pills don't help you lose weight. I know a few people who had good results with it ,but they were coaches and made a lot of money selling the products. My advice would be not to try it.
  • ndj1979
    Options
    I guarantee you will lose weight in your wallet….