25, new job, engaged, 100 lbs over weight...

Options
Basically this sums up much of my life right now! I'm 5'5, 229 lbs, and have nine months and twenty days before my wedding! I've had the gym membership, but as everyone always says, life is busy, lol. So, if you want to be friends, or need a support friend yourself, let me know. :) or if you have tips! My biggest struggle is accountability, I never force myself to find time to work out! How do you?

Replies

• PinkCoconut
    PinkCoconut Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Oh girl, you can DO THIS!

You said exactly what you need to do: force yourself. You need to make YOU your #1 priority which is something most people don't do at all.

Feel free to friend me and maybe I can help! If I can lose 100lbs I know YOU can too! :)
  • Mopar88
    Mopar88 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    I go right after work three days a week (M,W,F) and before work (T, TH) and I find that it works best for me. Sometimes it's hard getting up at 4:30 to hit the gym but I remind myself that I'm not going to make any progress if I don't put forth equal effort.

Feel free to add me. :) I log daily, whether it was a good day or not.
  • SELUSneak
    SELUSneak Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! And I just wish my work schedule was a little more regulatee - its all over the board. And I am def not a morning person, which doesn't help!
  • getstrongkaylen
    getstrongkaylen Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    i find that once i see myself getting stronger/losing weight, it excites me and it pushes me to go to gym. alot of times, ill regret it the next day if i dont, so i always try to keep that in mind! also, i finish work at 430, so ill bring my workout clothes, and head straight there after im finished. if i go home before i go to gym, im less likely to go! add me if what support!
  • Darton2010
    Darton2010 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Most importantly you need to make working out fun, I lost almost 85lbs net and gained 40+ lbs of muscle without stepping into a gym, what I do may now work for all but I still have a long way to go lol add me if you like.
  • SELUSneak
    Options
    I think that's part of my stuff is if I make it home, I never want to leave! Congrats on the weight loss! I love watching and pushing myself, just struggle with convincing myself is making a difference.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    You don't find time, you make time. If it's important to you, you will fit it into your schedule.
  • shaydon80
    shaydon80 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I started out exactly where you are (only a bit older) and with two kids and a full time job. The trick is to make working out a priority. Also, diet is 80% of the equation. I ate between 1500 and 1700 calories a day and exercised (pilates and aerobics mostly) 45 minutes a day and lost 70 lbs in the first year. You can do it! I know you can! It will take time, it will take sacrifice, but you have to make your health a priority. good luck! You've got this!!!
  • flabassmcgee
    flabassmcgee Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    I'd love to support you on this path!
  • bossejo
    bossejo Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hi!! At home you can do some easy abs exercices and it's really quick 2 do! I do 300+ abs plus 60 push ups in 20 min. You could start by setting smaller goals and also tell yourself 3 days in the week that you have to do your 60 abs and 10 push up for example!!! Rhe more you move the more youll want to move! And what you eat is the biggest part in loosing weight! Don't eat fast food, but every Fridays. .. it's way better to have a day where u can really eat whatever you want so the others days your less tempted to cheat on ur diet!
  • ravenribbs
    ravenribbs Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    If I don't go to the gym in the morning (about 4:45), it won't happen. I am not going to the gym after work--too many obligations, but more lack of motivation at that time of day. I'm just coming back after about a 7-week slump. It's SO annoying that months of dedicated effort can be undone in such a short time. So I'll stop whining now and will kick my own butt to start logging in my Food Diary again.

I find that the less I struggle with convincing myself and just get out of bed and go to the gym, the easier it is. When I start pondering whether or not to go, well, then it all goes down the toilet. No thinking, just doing. It's working for me again.

So, yes. Force yourself. After a bit, it becomes a game you play between you and you!3
    You CAN and WILL do this!! I wish you the best of luck in your efforts!
  • SELUSneak
    Options
    bossejo wrote: »
    Hi!! At home you can do some easy abs exercices and it's really quick 2 do! I do 300+ abs plus 60 push ups in 20 min. You could start by setting smaller goals and also tell yourself 3 days in the week that you have to do your 60 abs and 10 push up for example!!! Rhe more you move the more youll want to move! And what you eat is the biggest part in loosing weight! Don't eat fast food, but every Fridays. .. it's way better to have a day where u can really eat whatever you want so the others days your less tempted to cheat on ur diet!

Oh girl, you cray-cray! Kidding, mostly! I think i could do like, two push ups, maybe? Lol. I can do most of the food watching, I've lost roughly 30 lbs from that before, about 7 months ago, its just the exercise I really struggle with! Well, and making my lunch. I'll admit, that is rough but purely because I'm lazy- i admit it, lol. Thanks for all the sport yall! !
  • bossejo
    bossejo Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hey then do 5 push ups...every day then you'll be able to do more :-p I'm sure your able 2!!
  • SELUSneak
    Options
    ravenribbs wrote: »
    I find that the less I struggle with convincing myself and just get out of bed and go to the gym, the easier it is. When I start pondering whether or not to go, well, then it all goes down the toilet. No thinking, just doing. It's working for me again.

I'm the complete opposite! Well to a point, any way. Generally I wake up in a rush, drop off a little one at school, run ten minutes late to work, get off, get little one from school, dinner, put her in bed, relax/convince myself to go work out after seeing my final calorie count, then come home and pass out. I should also mention that I have insomnia allot, and working out has definitely helped my sleep!
  • RBRoy
    RBRoy Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me if you want! Accountability is key for me! I'm down 13 but have about 60 more to go.

I am counting my calories each day (and if I go over, I just remember that the next day is a brand new day). I also try to work out after work (I teach 4th grade) each day ... group workout classes at my gym have been a lifesaver for me! They are fun, I've met great people, and I change it up and go to different classes throughout the week. Mix it up with cardio and strength. Once you start seeing results, you're more likely to go. My fitbit and polar watch keep me on track ... I try to beat my previous day's steps and calories burned. Good luck! You can do it! Congratulations on your big life changes!!!!!

• SELUSneak
    Options
    In case no one had told you today, you guys are great!