hard to hit 4000cals

Options

Replies

• LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    Well if you were sick, I presume you were undereating. Go back to how you were eating pre illness and I'm sure it'll level out.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
  • SideSteel
    Options
    ^ hnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng ^
  • richmoran72
    Options
    I know this sounds unrealistic but ive been ill lately and lost alot of weight im getting weighed every 2 days and gaining 2lbs. I think its just regaining my normal weight and am under no illusion once ive reachef my normal weight i wont be able to gain that quickly.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    I know this sounds unrealistic but ive been ill lately and lost alot of weight im getting weighed every 2 days and gaining 2lbs. I think its just regaining my normal weight and am under no illusion once ive reachef my normal weight i wont be able to gain that quickly.

You probably lost water weight
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    jofjltncb6 wrote: »
    ellisboyd1 wrote: »
    well, there's ice cream, peanut butter etc, or weight gain powders, or you can blend some clean foods.

Personally I blend clean foods, because I feel it's more nutritional. The downside is usually taste, but you can work around that if you experiment with ingredients.

Is this a troll post in a troll thread?

#trollception
    #russiannestingtrollposts
    #ihatehashtags

=D
  • SideSteel
    Options
    YEs, yes I did.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    well, there's ice cream, peanut butter etc, or weight gain powders, or you can blend some clean foods.

Personally I blend clean foods, because I feel it's more nutritional. The downside is usually taste, but you can work around that if you experiment with ingredients.
    Blend clean foods? Please elaborate.

oh man don't ask that …

if that is the poster I am thinking of he blends like chicken, vegetables, and some other crap and says it is like "drinking chicken soup"…..*dryheave*

apparently, he just blends all his clean food and drinks it…

I told him in another thread that he may want to re-examine his relationship with food...
  • ndj1979
    Options

if you are gaining two pounds every two two days that that is just about 6-7 pounds a week …I would just keep doing what you are doing until you get back to regular weight...
  • ForecasterJason
    ForecasterJason Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »

oh man don't ask that …

if that is the poster I am thinking of he blends like chicken, vegetables, and some other crap and says it is like "drinking chicken soup"…..*dryheave*

I told him in another thread that he may want to re-examine his relationship with food...
    I can't even fathom what that must be like either. Obviously the OP has no need to go to this extreme.

• karlsantiago
    karlsantiago Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    lol good luck to you my friend, i hated trying to gain weight its a *kitten*
  • ndj1979
    Options

oh man don't ask that …

I can't even fathom what that must be like either. Obviously the OP has no need to go to this extreme.

disgusting is one word that comes to mind….
  • dubble13
    dubble13 Posts: 85 Member
    Options

oh man don't ask that …

My mom had to blend ALL of her food to drink through a straw for almost a year when she was younger because she got into a really bad car accident and ended up with her jaw wired shut. I don't know why anyone would choose this. Ick.
  • dalecharles99
    Options
    Here's a few clean food examples. Dump 3 - 4 tbsp. of almond butter and 2 tbsp. of unrefined coconut oil into your protein shake. You can easily push the shake over 800 - 900 calories. I like to make food in a wok and add 4 tbsp. of olive oil and 3 tbsp. of coconut oil. 4000 calories is doable with a shake and 3 squares.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Here's a few clean food examples. Dump 3 - 4 tbsp. of almond butter and 2 tbsp. of unrefined coconut oil into your protein shake. You can easily push the shake over 800 - 900 calories. I like to make food in a wok and add 4 tbsp. of olive oil and 3 tbsp. of coconut oil. 4000 calories is doable with a shake and 3 squares.

How is a protein shake "clean"? For that matter, how are coconut and olive oils "clean" either? Delicious? Yes...but not exactly "clean".

(And if they are, then not only was my Great Paleo Bulk of 2012 "paleo", but also "clean". Dang, no wonder I'm so incredibly healthy.)
  • Montemuscle1970
    Montemuscle1970 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Don't go too crazy trying to gain weight like that. You can mess up your health in other ways ingesting lots of fats, even healthy ones. Shoot for 1 pound a week. Most important part is to make sure you're eating foods that give you what you need daily in terms of micro-nutrients, i.e. vitamins and minerals. If you find yourself hungry after fulfilling your daily diet requirements, then by all means eat more, but you don't want to force yourself to do something that extreme. Most of that extra caloric intake will just turn to fat anyways. Your body can only synthesize about half a pound of muscle a week in optimal conditions anyways. That's with healthy exercising and weight resistance training.

Just keep track of it all and try not to stress about it. You'll get there.
  • dalecharles99
    Options
    Compared to cheezits, pizza, ice cream and cheeseburgers? Really?
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Compared to cheezits, pizza, ice cream and cheeseburgers? Really?

greasy protein shake vs a delicious pizza and beer washed down with a nice ice cream dessert.

why would you do that to yourself. just eat the pizza and ice cream.