I need MOTIVATION!!! 5'6" weight loss stories please!!!!!!

Options
Hi everyone! I'm 5'6" and was 201 lbs 2 years ago after I had my son. I found out I have a hypothyroid, so losing weight has not been simple for me. I have gotten down to 167 by myself through healthy eating and exercise and this site of course. I am however stuck at this weight and have been for a long time. I'm almost giving up. The lowest weight I've been to is 159 and that was in middle school (I'm 28 now lol). I wish I could get to 140. Thank you all in advance!!!!!!!!!

Replies

• berto23
    berto23 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    You can do it!!! you won one battle, just keep fighting, the war is not over yet!!!! Don't give up....
  • amymccracken692
    amymccracken692 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You can do this. You have come so far already. Take it one day at a time.
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    5'7 here, 43 yo, hypothyroid & celiac, start weight of 168.8 on Aug. 7th... Now at 138.4 (-30.4) 158 days later. I've averaged 1.5 lbs a week. You can do this!

The things that have helped me the most?
    1. weigh all your food! Don't trust portion sizes on the package to be accurate. If it says 3 slices (32g) then weigh and make sure that you're actually eating 32g, because if 3 slices is 40g then you need to log more than one serving.
    2. Log everything!
    3. Take the emotion out. Don't forbid yourself from eating things and then feel deprived and depressed. Want a hot fudge sundae? Get a small, and work it into your calories.
    4. It's okay to say no to yourself, too. I know that seems to contradict itself, but it really doesn't. Self control, like everything else, in moderation.
    5. Don't over-estimate your burn!!! Always err on the side of caution.
    6. If you're tired of starting over, stop giving up!

1209329.png
  • MichelleV1990
    MichelleV1990 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    I used to be 5'6" but am now 2" shorter because of Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease; which causes scoliosis. I also have been dealing with osteoarthritis. I started in July, at 204 pounds, and am now 156. Other than swimming this past summer, I haven't done any exercising because the arthritis was so bad. I've just been watching what I eat and have stayed motivated in a big part because of the wonderful support I've gotten from my friends on MFP. Are you on any meds for your thyroid? Stick with it and don't give up. I know it's easier said than done when you're not seeing results as quickly. Don't think you have to deprive yourself of everything you enjoy eating, either. We all have days when we treat ourselves to something scrumptious...just watch your portion size. This is a great place to be and there's a lot of supportive people to help you through the rough patches. Good luck on your journey!
  • blleadon
    blleadon Posts: 187 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    5'6" here. Here is my post from a year or so ago. Curious to see others. Whatever you do, just keep going! Hope this helps :smile: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1107274/some-before-and-after-pics-38-pounds-down/p1
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!